ETS S10 3x5--SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Tommy Boswell

ETS S10 3x5--SOLD

Post by Tommy Boswell »

Selling my ETS S10 3x5. This is the all aluminum body guitar made by Larry Agan and Bud Carter. Both were fine gentlemen, now deceased, and East Texas Steel is no longer in business, so buying a used one might be your only chance to get one.

I bought this guitar new when they first hit the market. The original pickup was a George-L TW model, but I upgraded to a single-coil pickup made by Larry Agan, and it really came to life. Will include original pickup in the deal (not installed) if you want it as an extra.

This guitar plays and sounds great, and makes a good travel guitar due to its light weight and compact case. Mine comes with your choice of legs and pedal rods for standard height or 1 inch under. The 1 inch under measures 25 1/2 to about 26+ inches floor to body (back legs are adjustable). Just let me know which legs and rods you need.

Also has slider clamps on pedal bar for fast easy setup. Includes carpet covered case and D2F leg bag.

$1,400 gets it shipped to you in the lower 48.

Last edited by Tommy Boswell on 21 Mar 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raymond Eicher

Very nice ETS S-10

Post by Raymond Eicher »

Your ETS looks to be in "mint" condition and very fairly priced! I have 2 ETS steels and they have been reliable in the studio and in the clubs. I have a black one with the same fretboard and changer as your's. I also have a later model Red with a Carter fretboard and changer. Whoever buys your ETS is going to get one of the steel guitar world's best kept secrets! Good Luck Tommy.
GFI ULTRA D-10, GFI Expo S-10, 2 ETS S-10, Justice 3x4, Rickenbacher, Fender and Supro lap steels, Tut Taylor and National resonators.Fender Deluxe, Marshall Class 5, Peavey amps and way, way too many guitars.
Roger Watterson

PM Sent

Post by Roger Watterson »

PM Sent
Tommy Boswell

Post by Tommy Boswell »

Raymond, thanks for the good words. It is in good condition, but at 4 1/2 years old, I can't exactly call it "mint". Full disclosure here, about two years ago I had some trouble with the changer, so I sent it down to Bud Carter. He worked his magic on it and sent it back to me playing better than ever. At least I can say this one has been touched by the master's hand!
Raymond Eicher

ETS Steel

Post by Raymond Eicher »

Tommy,
It's Funny that you should mention sending your guitar down to Bud Carter.
I sent BOTH of my ETS steels down to Mabank Texas where, for a very fair price, Bud completely went over each one. Both steels had slight mods from previous owners and the black one's rods were too short and would pop the hex nuts off. He completely replaced all of them. It's my favorite now.
Bud talked at length each time I called and sent me CD's of his playing and pictures to boot!
We never met face to face, but he treated me like he knew me for years. I'll never forget him.
Thanks for the memories...
Ray
Ray@rayeicher.com
GFI ULTRA D-10, GFI Expo S-10, 2 ETS S-10, Justice 3x4, Rickenbacher, Fender and Supro lap steels, Tut Taylor and National resonators.Fender Deluxe, Marshall Class 5, Peavey amps and way, way too many guitars.
Tommy Boswell

Post by Tommy Boswell »

Sale pending.
Tommy Boswell

Post by Tommy Boswell »

Raymond,

Ditto to everything you said about Bud. My first guitar was a MSA Classic from the 70s with Bud's signature on the label. So when I bought the ETS I got to speak with him by phone before and after the sale. He helped me change the setup on my MSA to match the ETS. Then a couple years later when I needed help with the ETS, after Larry's tragic loss, Bud was ready on the spot. He was a friend of the steel guitar community for sure.
Tommy Boswell

Sold

Post by Tommy Boswell »

Guitar is sold, donation to follow.