MCI U-12 7x5

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Andrew Kilinski

MCI U-12 7x5

Post by Andrew Kilinski »

Not sure what year this guitar is, but it is in very fine playing shape thanks to a thorough setup by Tommy Dodd a couple years ago. Some physical wear and tear as shown in the photos. Lightweight case and leg bag included. E-66 pickup, which was designed for this guitar (or so i've heard), sounds great. Easy pedal and lever action. A great playing and sounding steel. This is not a "welded frame" MCI, but it is a really sweet guitar and has no issues with playability, string breakage, or staying in tune.

This MCI U-12 has Jeff Newman's E9/B6 copedant http://www.jeffran.com/tuning.php

This guitar has a triple raise/lower changer, and it is pretty easy to make changes if so desired (but you would need to do this yourself).

Asking $1600 plus shipping in CONUS. I have more in this guitar than that, so jump on this if you're looking for a solid U-12 steel. I will consider trades for a nice solid wood classical guitar, but i'm not really interested in other trades at the moment.

:D

David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

This MCI belonged to Al Vescavo and I purchased it from his widow. It needed a complete restoration which I didn't expect when I received it. But I took it completely apart and cleaned every last piece 4 years ago. The E-66 is a perfect match for MCI guitars, IMHO! This guitar is a tone monster as are most MCI's. Here is a post with the parts when I had the guitar apart.
Dave
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... hlight=mci
Andrew Kilinski

Thanks Dave. That reminds me, i've got some extra parts and pieces laying around which I will include with the guitar.
Andrew Kilinski

Sale pending.
Marty Letz

Post by Marty Letz »

Did this sale go through?
Andrew Kilinski

Still pending, we hit a weather delay last week. If it falls through I'll let you know this week.
Marty Letz

Post by Marty Letz »

I'm selling a Kline this week and will take this guitar if your other sale doesn't work out.
Ross Fellrath

Mci trade

Post by Ross Fellrath »

I have a solid wood Conde Hermanos Flamenco guitar I'd be willing to trade. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.
Andrew Kilinski

Sold! Donation sent.