Mullen RP, D-10, 8 & 6 (PRICE REDUCED - AGAIN!) SOLD!!

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Clay Maxam

Mullen RP, D-10, 8 & 6 (PRICE REDUCED - AGAIN!) SOLD!!

Post by Clay Maxam »

Since I’m officially retired from pickin’ ’n grinin’, I’ve got a whole bunch of “stuff” to send (read: sell) along to those folks who will put it to better use than having it just sitting in my music room.

I purchased this guitar from Skip Cole here on the Forum in 2007 and it’s been sitting in the case now for the past two years. I changed the pick-ups to George L’s in 2008 but I don’t know that it was a significant improvement over what Del had put on the guitar originally. The guitar is in very good condition. The case is in mint condition. I apologize for the not so good photo’s. There are a couple of “dings” and I’ve tried to make them visible in the pix. I won’t be able to provide more photo’s in as much as I have the guitar already boxed up for shipping. I was going to trade it to Damir for one of his 12 strings but since deciding not to play anymore, well you know! I’m asking $2,900 plus shipping. Please email me at cnjmaxam@gmail.com if you have questions.
-----------------------
Okay....so maybe $2,900 wasn't realistic. Especially with the shipping. New Price:$2,700 and I'll pay the shipping. And thanks for looking.
------------------------
New Price: $2,500.00 and YOU pay the shipping! That's it, folks. From here it goes to eBay, Craigs Lists or Reverb! (Indecision is such a terrible thing)  8-)
------------------------
Okay to take it down Bob. Check's in the mail.

Image :) :) :D :D
Last edited by Clay Maxam on 2 Mar 2016 9:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

I would love to have that guitar... Mullen are awesome instruments ...
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

Hi Damir.....I couldn't agree with you more re: the quality of Del's guitars. If I hadn't decided to quit playing entirely....this one would be sitting in your studio. I still feel bad about backing out of the deal. But I'll be 80 this year and packing these puppies around just isn't in the cards for me anymore. That is unless I got my self a roadie and my wife says that ain't in the card either. Best wishes to you and happy new year.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Clay, things happen, and people back out of the deals, it happens all the time...I don't even remember what deal you backed out of lol... so, don't worry...good luck selling this beauty, and Happy New Year to you and your loved ones as well...
Barry Yasika

Post by Barry Yasika »

Wanna trade an Emmons Lashley Legrade ii single neck double frame? I might could kick in a little grease money. There's not a dam thing wrong with my Emmons just would love to have a Mullen. It's cool if you aren't interested, great guitar though man!! Love it
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

Hi Barry.....thanks for the offer but......As I mentioned to Damir, I've decided to bag playing any more. I've got a dobro that I'll probably scratch the itch with but beyond that I don't think I'll be "steelin" any more. This is a delightful guitar. And what Damir said. Del makes 'em good.
Louis Armentaro

Post by Louis Armentaro »

Jan. 2, 2016 Hi Clay. Saw your note on the Forum stating you wanted another steel guitar BUT you said you wanted to quit playing because you will be 80 years old this year. What are you talking about-- too old? I will be 92 in September and am still playing almost every day at home and several gigs during the year and have been for so many years. Get off your rocking chair, Clay, you are NOT TO OLD. Don't quit. I am doing research on who is still the oldest, active steel guitarist in the world, who still uses both hands, all ten fingers, both feet on the floor pedals and both knees on the right and left knee levers.So far I can't find anyone who fits this mold, so until then, I am claiming this title. Can anyone tell me of anyone else older who can do this. It is very important to me as I want to claim the title for the Guinness Book of World Records. Would like to hear from anyone who can claim this. Keep going Clay. Regards, Louis Armentaro from Livingston, Montana
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

Hey Louis.....thanks for the encouragement. You really do deserve the title. That's fantastic. Keep on keeping on! And Happy New by the way!
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

ttt
Arvis Moore

Mullen

Post by Arvis Moore »

I sent you a PM
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

ttt
Skip Cole

Mullen D10

Post by Skip Cole »

Clay, that's a fine looking steel, please bump for a very good friend. :)

Skip
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

ttt
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

ttt
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

LOTS of guitar for 2500!....WOW!
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Clay Maxam

RP Mullen

Post by Clay Maxam »

HI Mickey.....thanks for the boost. I have really enjoyed playing this guitar. I've never had an issue with it from the time it arrived. Del makes 'em good.
Best wishes.
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

ttt
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

ttt
Steven Morris

Post by Steven Morris »

:? Omg, I would love to have the money available when such a great deal comes along. Beautiful guitar for sure. Steve Morris.
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

Hi Steve....thank you for the good words. I was "smitten" by this guitar when another "Forumite" made it for sale. He had purchased it new but found one that he liked better. I couldn't thank him enough. :D
Mike Blackwood

Nice guitar

Post by Mike Blackwood »

Nice guitar, hope you can hold out long enough to get a fair price!
Clay Maxam

Post by Clay Maxam »

Hi Mike.....the guitar sold today and is currently on the way to Amarillo, TX. Thanks for the good words. It's going to a great guy in an outstanding band.