Excel pedal stops

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Niklas Widen

Excel pedal stops

Post by Niklas Widen »

Doess anyone have a picture of their Excel Superb guitar's undercarriage?

I have a 2015 S-10 which is a light and lovely little guitar, but it doesn't seem to have any adjustable pedal stops. The knee levers have positive stops, but the pedals are really easy to overpress and overtune.

I asked Mitsuo about it, but he didn't really seem to understand what I meant. I've heard some Excels do indeed have adjustable pedal stops mounted on the front apron, so I would like to see a picture and that, send it to Mitsou and ask if a solution like that may be added to my guitar. Also curious to hear if anyone else has a newer Excel without pedal stops?

Sorry, can't upload a picture of my guitar at the moment, but will be able to do so in a few days.

Thanks!

Niklas
John Alexander

Post by John Alexander »

In the picture, the pedal stops are adjusted via the black bolts that stand next to each pedal rod. This guitar is an Excel Superb, about 10 years old.

Les Wright

Post by Les Wright »

My Superb has these eccentric cam type stops on the front apron. To adjust loosen the set screw, rotate to desired position and re-tighten the screw.
Les Wright

Post by Les Wright »

Clearer picture
Niklas Widen

Post by Niklas Widen »

Thanks for your pictures. I'll take some photos of my guitar's underside, and see if there's a way to add somerhing like this. I think I recall seeing a version of the round pedal stops where the puck had a bolt through it that was the stop and not the actual puck itself. Something like the first pick posted here, but mounted on the front apron like the round ones. Anyone here got one of those?
Larry Allen

stops

Post by Larry Allen »

Niklas...this is a 2015 S10 Mitsuo just sent me...Larry
Excel steels & Peavey amps,Old Chevys & Motorcycles & Women on the Trashy Side
Niklas Widen

Post by Niklas Widen »

Here are two pictures of my guitar. To me it seems there should be an adjustable stop screw that could touch against the little "plate" sticking out of the pedal cranks.

The way it works now, it seems the only stops for the pedals are the nylon tuners at the changers. It's a 2015 keyless Superb.

Perhaps the easiest way of fixing this is sending the guitar back to Mitsuo to add stops or change the pedal cranks/stop mechanism.

/Niklas
Larry Allen

Post by Larry Allen »

I would email Mitsuo the pics..there are always stops for pedals.. :whoa: Larry
Excel steels & Peavey amps,Old Chevys & Motorcycles & Women on the Trashy Side
Rick Kreuziger

Post by Rick Kreuziger »

It looks like the round insert with the stop screw wasn't installed. (Comparing to Larry's guitar).

:?