American Deluxe Telecaster - Please close - No interest

Guitars, fiddles, banjos, keyboards, clarinets, bagpipes, etc.
Chris Bauer

American Deluxe Telecaster - Please close - No interest

Post by Chris Bauer »

Beautiful cherry burst American Deluxe Telecaster. Has Lindy Fralin neck pickup and Seymour Duncan bridge pickup. The 6 saddle bridge has been replaced with a 3 saddle bridge. Rosewood fingerboard and locking tuners as are standard for this model. Plays like a dream as you'd expect for a guitar like this.

These sell for $1699 before the roughly $350 in upgrades and saddle replacement.

Newly reduced price of $1150 + shipping within the U.S.

Last edited by Chris Bauer on 8 Mar 2016 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

I'm open to reasonable offers. Give it a shot!
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

It's been brought to my attention that these are typically selling for less than I had previously thought and so I've significantly reduced the price accordingly.

Now $1150 + domestic shipping OBO.
Ken Wentworth

Post by Ken Wentworth »

Does it come with case ? If so what is it .
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Ken - Got your email last night and answered your questions as well as I can. Let me know if more information would be helpful. My plan was to sell this guitar with a new Fender gig bag but, if desired, we can possibly work out something else.
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

Chris, I have the same guitar, it's a 2006 model in in the same cherryburst finish but mine has a maple fretboard.

It's a great guitar, people who are much better electric players than I am have sung its praises when they've taken it for a spin.

I have a question, but it's more for educational purposes since I don't have any need for a second American Deluxe Tele.

i have the original 6 saddle bridge and I'm quite happy with it, but yours has the more traditional 3 saddle bridge.

I know that some Tele enthusiasts think that six saddle bridges are a form of sacrilege, but I've never actually known why except that the three saddle version is more "traditional."

Is that what it's about - the tradition - or is there some sort of advantage in terms of tone or function? Does this legitimately fall under the heading of being an actual "upgrade" or are some of these old dyed-in-the-wool Tele guys just blown' smoke?

I recall one guy saying awhile back that "it's not a real Tele if it has the bevel in back like a Stratocaster does - if it doesn't dig into your ribs it's not the real deal!"

Yeah..right pal, whatever you say.

I love the bevel when I'm playing in the seated position. I'm surprised Leo didn't add it to the Telecaster line back in the '50s.
Mark
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

To my ears, the saddle differences are subtle and more an 'apples and oranges' thing. I've had techs tell me they're easier to intonate and others say that's just not true. So, the short of it is that I have pretty much the same questions as you. Anyone else want to chime in on this?

(Now as for the pickup changes, that's not a subtle difference at all... I like the sound of the stock pickups okay but what's in there now are just nuts.)

FWIW, I'm the second owner of this guitar and all the changes were made by the previous owner so I can only compare this one to others' stock guitars rather than to this one's old self.

As for the bevel - I'm with you. It's one of the things I'm going to miss about this guitar.
Alvin Douglas

Post by Alvin Douglas »

I play an American Deluxe Telecaster and I am very happy with it. The locking tuners, the belly cut and the conical fretboard make the guitar a dream to play. That said, I did not like the noiseless pickups and changed my to '52 Nocaster custom shop single coils. Looks like the original owner of yours felt the same way about the N3's. Yours is a beautiful guitar. Good luck moving it along. Someone is going to get a nice instrument.
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Quilter MicroPro 8.
Joe Valenti

Question

Post by Joe Valenti »

By any chance, do you have the old pickups?
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Hi Joe - I don't have the old pickups.
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

I'm open to reasonable offers on this guitar.
Dave Petranek

Post by Dave Petranek »

I have the same guitar- with Fralin Blues Specials.
It's a keeper!
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

I'm amazed this is still here!
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Lil' bump...
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

ttt
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »