Portland (OR) steel jam Sunday Nov 8th

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Christopher Woitach

Post by Christopher Woitach »

Looking forward to this! Like last time, I have a gig with the great Becky Kilgore right afterwards, so I'll have to leave a little early, but I will enjoy the first few hours!!!!
Christopher Woitach
cw@affmusic.com
www.affmusic.com
Brian McGaughey

Post by Brian McGaughey »

Dog gone, thought I could make this but too much going on in my universe.

Good on yah, Larry! Have fun all!
Kurt Nichols

Post by Kurt Nichols »

Larry and all, I am not going to make this one. My grandson's health has taken a turn for the worse and we need to help him and my daughter through this difficult time. See you all next time.
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

All is good, sometimes we can and sometimes we can not make it. I guess Chris and Bob and Josh and Lynn and Harley and Dale and I will just have to make a few more phone calls.
'70 D10 Black fatback Emmons PP, Hilton VP, BJS bars, Boss GE-7 for Dobro effect, Zoom MS50G, Flamma Reverb, Planet Wave cables, Quilter 202 Toneblock, Telonics 15” speaker.

Phone: 971-219-8533
Pete Burak

Post by Pete Burak »

I am hoping to make it, Larry!
:)
Ian Miller

Post by Ian Miller »

Another confirmation here!
David Kellogg

Pete

Post by David Kellogg »

If Pete don't make it I don't make it, well not really. See you all in a couple hours.
Paul Brainard

Post by Paul Brainard »

I'll try, got a gig in Beaverton - too bad this isn't at the Elks this time, that would be right down the road (I'm playing in the pit for a musical at Jesuit HS, cool little production actually "Hands on a Hardbody" based on the documentary film about a contest in Texas where the last person standing & still touching a pickup truck would win it. Some fun steel in it!)
Bryan Daste

Post by Bryan Daste »

Aw man, I saw a steel-less version of that show last year, Paul. Would've liked to hear you in that mix!

Well, the jam was fantastic as usual. Thanks to Larry Behm for keeping us all motivated! Larry was my guest on this month's Pedal Steel Podcast, and it's a great conversation. I hope y'all can check it out. Larry's got a lot to say!
https://pedalsteelpodcast.wordpress.com ... -of-steel/
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

Thanks Bryan, some think I am too chatty, usually they are the quite ones, someone has to get the word out.

We had a great turn out (22 players), and smiles for miles.
'70 D10 Black fatback Emmons PP, Hilton VP, BJS bars, Boss GE-7 for Dobro effect, Zoom MS50G, Flamma Reverb, Planet Wave cables, Quilter 202 Toneblock, Telonics 15” speaker.

Loren Depping

Thanks

Post by Loren Depping »

Larry (and Josh and Ruby Falls)--thanks, as always, for hosting us. I always learn a lot by listening to and watching this great group of players. Bryan, I really enjoyed your interview of Larry. I subscribed and can't wait to check out all the shows. Thank you, everyone, for coming together to generously share what you do--including the band! And Larry, many thanks for arranging it and providing us with the place to do it. You're the man!
Bob Muller

Post by Bob Muller »

This was another very successful Portland jam. There were players from all over the area and everyone seemed to have a great time. Here are some photos from the jam.

Somehow we did not get photos of Josh and Larry were on the stage, sorry about that. Hope to see everyone again at the next jam.

Here is a link to the Together Again
song

https://youtu.be/dBgV3a_LS1M

Somday Soon

https://youtu.be/FLFBkIWl6bw
Last edited by Bob Muller on 13 Nov 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

Thanks Bob for posting.

Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

New song added above, Some Day Soon.

John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Great jam as usual! Larry (and Josh), thanks for hosting this marvelous semi-annual gathering of the "brotherhood." Thanks to the live bandmates who deal with 4 hours of monotony playing the same verse over and over.

Some very good playing on display, and cool gear everywhere I looked. The sharing table was a nice new feature, too.

See you next time...with MY GEAR so I can play without embarrassing myself (remember folks, my knee levers are backwards from the standard copedent).
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Eric Henry

Post by Eric Henry »

Dagnabit!! :eek:

This will teach me to check the event announcements more often! Can't believe I missed this. Always such a great time.