MSA 1-inch lift kit?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve Lautt

MSA 1-inch lift kit?

Post by Steve Lautt »

Hey all, where can I find a 1" lift kit for my mid-70s MSA Classic S-10? Also probably need some instructions/guidance for installation. Any help is much appreciated!

P.S., I searched the forum on this and wasn't able to find any info, but I may have missed it. If there's an old thread somewhere, please shoot me a link.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Your local Ace Hardware should have everything you need. You will need 1" threaded standoffs (that's what they call them at my Ace Hdwe), a long enough set screw that will fit into the standoff and the spring loaded ball joint that hooks to your pedal. And lastly, a piece of tubing that is one inch long, and the inside diameter is a little larger than the smallest portion of the front legs. I've also heard it said that a longer dowel in the front legs works. This tubing fits over the lowest part of the leg, between the pedal bar and the clutch of the leg.

There are also some like Michael Yahl, the forum store (I think) and Show Pro guitars that sell them, and maybe others, although much more expensive.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Philip Mitrakos

Post by Philip Mitrakos »

I have these 2" ones you can cut em ..or you can buy the hex ones on ebay under pedal steel guitars ...1" but not as cool looking...come to think of it ...I have 3 hex ones here 1"
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

I have the 1" kits very reasonably priced. rollermusic@cox.net
Thanks,
Jerry
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Jerry's a good source too.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.