My Beloved Momma

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Don Lanier

My Beloved Momma

Post by Don Lanier »

My Mom passed away peacefully with her sons by her side Tuesday Night after a prolonged illness and battle with Lung Cancer, she will be dearly missed. Her service is Monday at Elias Kallal and Schaaf Funeral home in Godfrey, IL And there will be an OBIT published on the Funeral homes website, and in the Alton Telegraph Online,

Mom was 90 years old and lived a long and very good life, she was an Avid Garner and never met any plant she couldnt make thrive or live, She won several awards from our Local Pride Chapter for the HOME of the Month, when she was 87/88 winning the awards back to back several times.

She encouraged my musical career and purchased my first bass guitar for me when I was 16, she made show clothes and loved to dance and enjoyed Swing Music.

Gone Home but Never Forgotten, blessed Mother...Mamie D Lanier 1925-2016

http://www.eliaskallalandschaaf.com/Home

Godfrey, IL Funeral Home
Sandra Scott-Wall

Post by Sandra Scott-Wall »

Myself and all of the members of the ISGC express our deepest sympathy for the loss of your mother. Although we never met her, your devotion to her was obvious and we very much admired that. Prayers for you and your family.
Craig Baker

Post by Craig Baker »

Don,
What a nice tribute to your mom!
I think of mine everyday and I'm sure you will too. This is one of those days you never forget.

Respectfully,
Craig
"Make America Great Again". . . The Only Country With Dream After Its Name.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

So sorry to hear this, Don. I could tell by the way you spoke of her that she was very special to you. You guys are in our prayers.
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Don - How wonderful that you and your mother were so close, and had so many years together. She sounds like a beautiful lady whose legacy will live on in those she touched. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless you always....
Donna Dodd
Georgia Steel Guitar Association (GaSGA) Board Member & Website Administrator
"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com
Scott Duckworth

Post by Scott Duckworth »

Don, not one day goes by that I wish I could talk to my mom again. As time goes by, the sorry will subside, and the joy of remembering her life will take over.
Amateur Radio Operator NA4IT (Extra)
http://www.qsl.net/na4it

I may, in fact, be nuts. However, I am screwed onto the right bolt... Jesus!
Jimmie Misenheimer

Post by Jimmie Misenheimer »

Don, so sorry to hear of your loss. My mother, at 97, passed on the 5th of last month.My thoughts are with you... Jimmie
DG Whitley

Post by DG Whitley »

My deepest sincere condolences on the loss of your Mom, Don. My prayers go up for you and yours during this difficult time in your life.

May God bless and keep you.
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

my thoughts are with you and your memories. you had each other for a long time and I know you will miss her even longer. a boy never forgets his mother no matter the miles or where they lead to. I think she's always there with you, even at the next dance.
so always dress and play your best and be on your best behavior. 'cause mama know's....

country jack....
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

I know that your mother has been struggling for a while. Now she struggles no more. She is with our Lord.

God Bless you and your family.

I know that the funeral will be a great celebration of your mother's life.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Dustin Rigsby

Post by Dustin Rigsby »

I know what it's like to lose a parent so dear. You have my deepest sympathies .
D.S. Rigsby
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

Don, so very sorry for your loss.
May God grant you peace and the strength to accept and deal with this tragedy.
My Deepest condolences
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

Don, I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Don, mine and Barbara's heartfelt condolences on the loss of your dear mother. Our prayers go out to you and your family.
...Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
pdl20

Post by pdl20 »

My condolences on the loss of your Mother .Always remember that she is apart of you and will always be with you. May God bless Her and She is free from Cancer now and in Heaven.
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Dee Polish

Post by Dee Polish »

Don, Paul and I are so sorry for your loss. Sitting with you at the sound booth, we talked much about your Mom and your closeness and devotion to her. I understand and admire you especially because of the love that was so evident when you talked about her.
Both of you have been blessed to take care of each other your entire life. I know that you will cherish your memories of her. I was very close to my Mom and she passed away when she was only 61 years old, leaving a hole in my heart that can never be filled. My comfort as yours is that she no longer suffers and is in Heaven with our Lord.
May God comfort you as only He can do.

Please don't hesitate to call on us if you need anything.

Dee & Paul Polish