Diagram needed for Robben Ford TBX wiring

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

William Fraser

Diagram needed for Robben Ford TBX wiring

Post by William Fraser »

I seem to have more luck with electrical diagrams here than ANY other place . Jerry Jones was very helpful in the past , there do not seem to be many clear diagrams available , I have the parts but there are a couple of spots that I may have assumed to have jumpers that are wrong , I am working on an alleged unfinished prototype , & would like to see if the TBX setup has any advantages or is this a waste of time ? Bill Fraser :roll:
Billy Lee ,Pro-II,, Session 400,Session 500 , Supro , National, SpeedDemons,& too many Archtops & Stratotones.Lots of vintage parts for Kay ! etc.
Scott Duckworth

Post by Scott Duckworth »

Don't know if this will help or not... http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/show ... ord-wiring.

A tip on searching for diagrams... use Google Images, then look on resulting webpages.
Amateur Radio Operator NA4IT (Extra)
http://www.qsl.net/na4it

I may, in fact, be nuts. However, I am screwed onto the right bolt... Jesus!
Mark Fowler

Post by Mark Fowler »

If you want to build the Robben Ford Dumble serial number 102 amplifier the schematic and layout are on Ampgarage.com but you have to be a member to view them.

I forget if we covered his guitar wiring over there :)

Mark
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

oh, has howard given the ok to clone his amps?
Mark Fowler

Post by Mark Fowler »

chris ivey wrote:oh, has howard given the ok to clone his amps?
Who gives a crap Robben said it was okay.
William Fraser

Thank You

Post by William Fraser »

Thanks for the kind replies , Mr. Duckworth , I found the diagram that S Duncan has a few weeks ago , & wired it up after using my scanner to enlarge it the problem I am having is that the one resistor appears to go through the upper & lower tabs on the upper & lower pots , I was able to get a variety of tones , the most useful using the values shown in the Duncan diagram . Until I get a diagram that is more useful I have wired it like a Les Paul ,I can get my usual sweet tones & 7 useful combinations , which is easy to use and comprehend , I understand Robben was not happy with the TBX setup which is designed to be a Treble ,Bass eXpander without going active , NO batteries , I welcome opinions diagrams or follow up from other geeks seeking Knowledge where is Gene Fields when you need him ? Again , I thank the brave ones who responded & am not giving up ! Billy Lee Fraser
Billy Lee ,Pro-II,, Session 400,Session 500 , Supro , National, SpeedDemons,& too many Archtops & Stratotones.Lots of vintage parts for Kay ! etc.
William Fraser

Bump

Post by William Fraser »

Please TTT still looking !
Scott Duckworth

Post by Scott Duckworth »

I believe you are correct that the resistor is wired to both points on both pots.
Amateur Radio Operator NA4IT (Extra)
http://www.qsl.net/na4it

I may, in fact, be nuts. However, I am screwed onto the right bolt... Jesus!
Mark Fowler

Post by Mark Fowler »

I asked on Ampgarage and got two photos if that helps or you probably already have these.
William Fraser

Tbx

Post by William Fraser »

Mark , the last reply you sent had a list of sites , the last one listed has the diagram that I have worked from . if you look close it looks as though the 82K resistor is going through the upper & lower pots , I have wired the guitar in question according to that diagram & had OK :| results , I also followed suggestions that different resistors should be tried , which produced radical results & decided the resistors in the diagram give balanced results , equal amounts of treble & bass when engaged , when I started over using the standard of 500k all around , I got compliments that were VERY good , the object is to attain the best possible tone at a reasonable cost , I've done that but the owner & I wanted to keep it as original as practical , but the tone is most important , look at the diagram & tell me what you think .Thanks Bill