Herb Remington- Tribute August 30 (Texas)

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Milton C. Willmann

Herb Remington- Tribute August 30 (Texas)

Post by Milton C. Willmann »

I just got this announcement from Debbie Talley, TSGA.

Milton C. Willmann
Ted Smouse

Post by Ted Smouse »

We're planning to be at the event. It's my understanding that Herb will be there, however, I do not know if he is performing. My guess is, if he's there, ....he's playing.

One of my all time favorite steel guitarists, Herb Remington!

Ted
Ted Smouse
General Manager & Program Director
SteelRadio
Austin, Texas
SteelRadio.org@gmail.com
https://www.steelradio.org

-a 501(c)(3) “Not For Profit” Organization
Terry L Barnett

Post by Terry L Barnett »

Herb Remington will be there on-stage playing music with the Swingin On Band and other incoming musicians....signing autographs...taking pictures with fans and eating hamburgers and having a good time...come out and show your appreciation for this 90 year old wonder of steel guitar music.....August 30th in Wallis texas at the American Legion Hall
Ted Smouse

Post by Ted Smouse »

Thanks for the update Terry!
Ted Smouse

Post by Ted Smouse »

Herb Remington fans and friends, spread the word about this show.

Wallis, TX, is just to the west of Houston; about a 2 hour drive from Austin; about 2 hours 20 minutes from San Antonio.

Ted
Ben Price

Unbelievable!!!

Post by Ben Price »

What an amazing performance held in Wallis Texas at the beautiful American Legion, just West of Houston! It was a privilege and honor to be part of this event honoring a legend of the steel guitar community. Thank you Herb for all you've done for the advancement of this amazing instrument. You do us proud. The San Antonio Steel Guitar Association (and our brothers around the world).

The backup band (who did a fantastic job!)

Herb doing what he does best!

The San Antonio Steel Guitar Association presented Herb with a Certificate of Appreciation for his many contributions to the evolution of the steel guitar.

Last edited by Ben Price on 31 Aug 2015 7:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Proud member of the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association (www.facebook.com/satxsga)
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Herb and Herb.

Herb and cake.

Herb and group.

New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Ted Smouse

Post by Ted Smouse »

A young fan gets a photo with Herbie

Herb back on stage

Dancers filled the floor all afternoon

Last edited by Ted Smouse on 31 Aug 2015 6:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ted Smouse
General Manager & Program Director
SteelRadio
Austin, Texas
SteelRadio.org@gmail.com
https://www.steelradio.org

-a 501(c)(3) “Not For Profit” Organization
Kenny Piper

Herb Remington

Post by Kenny Piper »

It was a honor to see The Great Steel Player Herb Remington in action again. Thank you Sir, for what you have done for western swing music. This was truly a wonderful afternoon.
David Hubenak

Post by David Hubenak »

Boy did I miss a good one!! My wife and I had to be out of town this last weekend (Ft Worth)and could not attend. The really sad part for us is that we live a block away from the American Legion hall here in Wallis. I bought my first D-10 Super Pro Sho-Bud from Herb in 1983. I couldn't resist calling Herb Saturday afternoon to wish him well, and congratulate him on this wonderful tribute. You know he still to this day remembers that Sho-Bud sale. What an amazing gentleman!!
D-10 Mullen RP Telonics TCA-500a Combo Amp, Peavy Nashville 400s, 1000, session 400 limited, Nashville 112, Telonics VP, DD3
Larry Schoppe

Post by Larry Schoppe »

I just knew you would be there, David! Missed you. It was a great afternoon!
Ben Price

Post by Ben Price »

The door prize was amazing (with Kenny Piper of the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association). Okay, it wasn't the door prize, but it was still amazing!

Herb, (with Ben Price of the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association). Herb is holding one of his many certificates and awards that he received. Ben is holding the autographed Fender guitar that is being raffled off ($10/ticket) with the proceeds going to the Warrior Family Support Center at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio).

Never seen a pin-stripped bass?

Dennis Bailey (on left) Steel AND banjo player extraordinaire, and Stephen Cowell steel player AND a whack of other things, too!

Proud member of the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association (www.facebook.com/satxsga)
David Hubenak

Post by David Hubenak »

Thanks Larry. The trip to Ft. Worth this past weekend was unavoidable, but I did go by the hall yesterday morning to talk with two of our members who were cleaning the hall. They said the crowd was great, and the music even greater. I learned that some of our Legion members were even dancing in the kitchen between orders for hamburgers. Now that tells you something about the quality of music that afternoon.
D-10 Mullen RP Telonics TCA-500a Combo Amp, Peavy Nashville 400s, 1000, session 400 limited, Nashville 112, Telonics VP, DD3
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Here's Herb's first set:

https://youtu.be/JJfyGpCK9J4
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Ben Price

Post by Ben Price »

Stephen Cowell: Thanks for posting the video of Herb and band. Excellent quality all around.
Ben Price

Post by Ben Price »

Going to Houston on business tomorrow. If time permits, I'll stop in and say hello to Herb.