Moderator: Brad Bechtel

William Hoff

Wow, that is something

Post by William Hoff »

Image[/img]

Anyone here?
Jerry Berger

Post by Jerry Berger »

Not to brag but I paid half the price for my D-6 Stringmaster six months ago and, IMHO, it looks just as good! I guess I was lucky! The seller EVEN threw in the 4 legs and case! :whoa:
William Hoff

Post by William Hoff »

Jerry Berger wrote:Not to brag but I paid half the price for my D-6 Stringmaster six months ago and, IMHO, it looks just as good! I guess I was lucky! The seller EVEN threw in the 4 legs and case! :whoa:
Nice deal, wish I could find a nice one like that for a good price. Mine's a little "worn"
Cartwright Thompson

Post by Cartwright Thompson »

If I were the winning bidder, I'd be wondering about the zero feedback bidder who bumped it up about $500. ...
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Cartwright Thompson wrote:If I were the winning bidder, I'd be wondering about the zero feedback bidder who bumped it up about $500. ...
The technical term is 'shill' and this violates eBay policies. If you participated in this auction file a complaint.
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
John Limbach

Post by John Limbach »

I must be missing something. A really nice one sold here on the forum last month for $1,250, which seemed a fair price.

Wish I could find a buyer that out of touch for my D8 Stringmaster.
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

Steve Howe from Yes. I never cared for them, except the first two albums.
Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Cartwright Thompson

Post by Cartwright Thompson »

Stephen Cowell wrote:
Cartwright Thompson wrote:If I were the winning bidder, I'd be wondering about the zero feedback bidder who bumped it up about $500. ...
The technical term is 'shill' and this violates eBay policies. If you participated in this auction file a complaint.
Wait, you mean that all ebay auctions aren't legit?!?
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

how could there be any deception on the internet?
Bill Sinclair

Post by Bill Sinclair »

If I ever sell my D-6, I'll be sure to mention the Steve Howe connection! Which two albums are you talking about Joachim? The three that I still play every couple of years are The Yes Album, Fragile and Close to the Edge. They actually had a couple of albums prior to The Yes Album but I think they were out of print by the time they made it big in the early 70's. I lost interest after Close to the Edge. "Owner of a Lonely Heart" in the 80's was a particularly low point.

Along with Rick Wakeman's mellotrons and Chris Squire's rotosound bass strings, Steve Howe's D-6 was a big part of their distinctive sound during their better years.