Ordered a Hilton Pro this weekend

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Chris Rice

Ordered a Hilton Pro this weekend

Post by Chris Rice »

Getting tired of the problems with pot pedals.

Anyone know the typical wait time?
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Chris, I don't know who you ordered the Hilton from, but I ship them the same day.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Chris Rice

Post by Chris Rice »

Direct from Hilton.
Clark Doughty

Hilton Pro

Post by Clark Doughty »

Hi Chris,
You will like the Hilton Pro. It's a fine pedal and the service attention you get from Keith is top notch..enjoy............clark
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I must be out of the loop. I have a Hilton VP, but what is a "Hilton Pro"?
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Chris Rice

Post by Chris Rice »

Carl Kilmer

Post by Carl Kilmer »

Here's a video of the "Hilton Pro". The new Pro Guitar Pedal is
geared specifically toward and for the electric guitar player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=219&v=wuXapSsfGH0
aka "Lucky Kay"--Custom built Rittenberry SD10 3X5, Walker S/S, NV-112, and Hilton Pedal
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

OK, I knew about the new model for guitar players but didn't know it was named "pro".

I wouldn't have expected a steel guitar player to get one of those.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Chris Rice

Post by Chris Rice »

Jack Stoner wrote:OK, I knew about the new model for guitar players but didn't know it was named "pro".

I wouldn't have expected a steel guitar player to get one of those.
I'm that oddball steel player who plays standing up when I play non-pedal. And when I sit at my pedal steel, I prefer to play barefoot or in thin-soled shoes, so the angles should be better for that as well.

Also, I'll be using it with lots of other instruments. I just blew out my leg muscles on my Ernie Ball VPJr doing an 11-show theater run playing bass guitar.

The 9-volt power was a deal-sealer for me. I can daisy-chain it with my fuzz, overdrive, delay, and tremolo, and conveniently use one power supply.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

so do you use alot of volume pedal action playing bass?
Chris Rice

Post by Chris Rice »

chris ivey wrote:so do you use alot of volume pedal action playing bass?
I do. I'll do subtle flutters imitating tremolo, quick swells to shape notes, controlled sustain, fine level control to enhance dynamics, quick silences for dramatic cutoffs, easy muting between songs, and stuff like that. Mostly useful when I'm doing theater work.
George Redmon

Post by George Redmon »

Best of luck with your new Hilton Pro. Keith Hilton builds the best. You sound like my kinda bass player. Keith is a fantastic builder, but Fred Justice is the best dealer. Next time, see Fred for your musical goodies. And on Hilton stuff, he gives free shipping..... :D
Chris Rice

Post by Chris Rice »

So, that didn't work out and now I'm in the market for a different volume pedal. What are you guys liking these days?
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

I'm sure it would help for everyone to know what it was about the pedal that didn't work out for you, this way the suggestions could be narrowed down.

I would like to know myself why it didn't work out, at some point in the near future I plan on getting a lap steel with a strap and belly bar or brace for standup playing since I prefer to play dobro standing, and I like using a volume pedal when sitting down playing lap steel. I have a Hilton low profile, and am curious myself about this newer model from Hilton.

I also sometimes use as an alternative a POD XT Live floor model, and since that device is really designed more for a player of standard electric guitar, the volume pedal on the unit has a short throw since it might be awkward to play standing with the long throw that some of the steel guitar pedals utilize.
Mark
Chris Rice

Post by Chris Rice »

I had some noise problems, both electrical and physical, that Keith was unable to replicate when the pedal got back to him to check out. Rather than sending a replacement, he chose to send a refund.

Other than that, it sounded great!

My needs are simple. It needs to go silent in the full off position or be adjustable to do this when needed. Smooth, even taper. Holds position when you take your foot off.
George Redmon

Post by George Redmon »

Chris Wrote
My needs are simple. It needs to go silent in the full off position or be adjustable to do this when needed. Smooth, even taper. Holds position when you take your foot off.
Just as a side note, the Hilton will do ALL of the above, better then any other pedal out there. The guys on here, will help you out, all they can. Best of luck, I hope you find a pedal that will work for you. :D
Chris Rice

Post by Chris Rice »

George Redmon wrote:Chris Wrote
Just as a side note, the Hilton will do ALL of the above, better then any other pedal out there. The guys on here, will help you out, all they can. Best of luck, I hope you find a pedal that will work for you. :D
Yep, perfect for me. I'd love to try another, but he doesn't want to send me one and I'm not going to push it.

I tried it with multiple instruments and multiple amps, with other effects and without, supplied power supply and aftermarket, different levels of my house on different electrical circuits, with different players and listeners. The noises were always there. Keith played a four hour gig with it and had no troubles. Must just be me.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Consider the number of people that use Hilton Volume Pedals, including a large number of "big name" rock bands. Most are satisfied customers and satisfied with Keith's aftermarket service. If it were not, he would not have been as successful with the venture.
Chris Rice

Post by Chris Rice »

Of course. I'm not looking to disparage the pedal or Keith, if he can't replicate the problem I had, he obviously can't fix it.