Emmons mica colors?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Terry Sneed

Emmons mica colors?

Post by Terry Sneed »

Is there a website where I can see all the different mica colors on Emmons guitars?
I have their catalog, but can't tell much about the color chart. I need to see the whole guitar to really get a sense of what the colors look like on the guitar. Image

------------------
84 SKH Emmons Legrand D10
session 400'rd Steelin for my Lord.

Jim Saunders

Post by Jim Saunders »

Me too! I think it would be great to have a color chart on the guitar, not just a little swatch on a page. I think the Emmons Co. is so busy filling orders, they are not thinking of how to create more. My opinion, but heck, they make a great steel.

------------------
Emmons Legrande II, D10, Gibson Console Grande D8, Peavey Session 2000, Peavey Nashville 112.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Just ask Ron Lashey to send you some samples of the colors you are interested in. He did it for me when I bought my SD-10 "Loafer". I settled on "Derby Red". Sharp guitar.
Erv
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Hey Erv, that's what I did. I asked for Holly Red. I was tryin to decide on the
Derby or Holly red. I would like a candy apple red color or close to it.. does the derby red come anywhere close to apple red. do you have a pic of your guitar you could e-mail me?
Terry

------------------

Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

You wont find mine on that chart.
Pat Burns

Post by Pat Burns »

..Terry, if you're looking for candy apple red, don't go with Derby Red...I had one, and I liked it, but it's closer to the color of tomato juice than a candy apple...

..our local music store had a Squire Strat the color of Campbell's Tomato Soup...I thought it would be on the rack forever, but somebody bought it..
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Ok thanks Pat. I don't want the tomato juice look. no offense Erv. Image Image

------------------

Rhino

Post by Rhino »

Hi Terry…

It’s true, just ask Emmons to send you samples and they will. I wasn’t happy with the color choices provided so I went to my local Crafts and Floor Covering shop and looked at a zillion different mica styles. There were so many examples to choose from between Wilsonart and Formica brands. Since Emmons will build a custom cabinet I chose the Formica Black Sparkle which is a glossy black textured finish.

Rob…

Jack Strayhorn

Post by Jack Strayhorn »

The Derby Red that was used during my years there was almost exactly like a candy apple. I am sitting here looking at one now.
Vann Ray Cranford

Post by Vann Ray Cranford »

Terry,
The Derby Red is a little darker than a Candy Apple Red. However, it makes a flashy guitar on stage when lights hit it.
I had a hard time deciding between the Holly Red or the Derby, but I had Ron,Jr. to build me a Lashley III in 1998 in the Derby Red. As you know, it is all a personal preference, but I have really liked my choice of color. Take care! Vann
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Vann, how much lighter is the Holly Red? do you have a pic of your derby red I can look at? thanks
Terry

------------------

Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

Black
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

I had a black un Stephen. it was a perty guitar, but I want somethin different this time. Image

------------------