Country Music Award show

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Cooper

Country Music Award show

Post by Gary Cooper »

Last night, I saw Mike Daily playing PSG with George Strait. His guitar could be heard playing fills. Mike Johnson played with Reba, but could not hear him.
GFI Ultra SD-10; Nashville 112; Hilton pedal, George L Cables; Pearse bar; Live Stings;Walker seat by Billy Knowles.
Floyd Lowery

Post by Floyd Lowery »

I haven't watched a so called Country Music Awards show in years, and years, and years. The last one I tried to watch had too much junk and too little Country Music. Sad :cry:
Carter 12 string 4petals 5knees, Mullen G2 3 petals 4 knees
Alesis QuadraVerb, Goodrich Match-Bro II
Peavy Nashville 400 & Session 500
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

I forgot that show was on. Did anyone get next years date of broadcast so I can forget that one too. :lol:
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

I think most of it was pre recorded .. The steel Mike J was sitting behind looked like a prop

I missed George..
DG Whitley

Post by DG Whitley »

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this but my belief is that that they should be made to take "Country" out of the name of that show. I saw little that I would even call that. While there may have been a few bright spots, it was mostly junk to me, an over-hyped "kiddie" production, since that is the age group they are targeting.

Then again I don't care for the "canned" music they make these days anyway. I'm just an old relic I suppose. Once this became a "business", the bottom line, not quality, became the mantra. OK, flame suit on. BTW, Garth should have stayed retired in my opinion.
Don R Brown

Post by Don R Brown »

Although I like various types of music, I didn't even bother turning it on. Too much hype, spectacle, phony drama, etc.

It's hard to keep stuff in perspective. I don't care at all for most of what passes as country these days. But there was a time when electric guitars were met with "THAT ain't country!" Each generation changes the definition.

Look at rock - Bill Haley, Elvis. Beatles, Stones, Animals. Then on to Jefferson Airplane, Big brother. Metallica, AC/DC, and I don't even know what comes after that. All "rock". But to compare Rock Around The Clock with Back In Black is....well, you get the point I guess.

It's no longer about the music or the message. It's about the "entertainment" - spelled "M O N E Y"
Floyd Lowery

Post by Floyd Lowery »

Texas should have a "Tru Country" Awards Show.
Carter 12 string 4petals 5knees, Mullen G2 3 petals 4 knees
Alesis QuadraVerb, Goodrich Match-Bro II
Peavy Nashville 400 & Session 500
Barry Blackwood

Post by Barry Blackwood »

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/a ... rds-review

There's a strange dichotomy that exists at these country awards shows where the women dress in glittery evening wear while the men dress like they just fell off a tractor. Pushing this type of stuff to the stupid couldn't be easier for the powers that be. I opted for a movie last night, "Comes A Horseman" where at least everybody looked like they fell of a tractor. Eminently more satisfying... :wink:
kyle reid

Humor!

Post by kyle reid »

Jason Aldean, Male vocalist of the year, Who thought that one up?
John De Maille

Post by John De Maille »

Didn't watch it. Not interested at all. Way too commercial for me and I don't care for the newer genre.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i happened to have it on for a moment when aldean got that award. it was a real awakening to see this new low point. what a joke. also putting things in perspective is finding the no talent blake as everyone's choice for amiable, likeable host. that really shows how little there is to choose from lately. from what i've heard, his nice sincere persona disppears as soon as the camera shuts off.
compare that to the genuinely sincere and talented vince gill.
and what better place to project warm intimate family values than a monstrous football stadium with cheerleader sexpots for ushers.
Wesley Medlen

Post by Wesley Medlen »

This stuff they put out is pure unadulterated JUNK' Trueit should not have the name country in this I don't believe ther is a proper name for this stuff. The last time I watched any of it was when Carl Smith was put into hall of fame. Wes
Justice S10 Jr, Gibson Electra 6string, Boss Katana 100, Steelers Choice ,Gretsch 6 string lap, Hilton VP
Chris Robbins

Music ?

Post by Chris Robbins »

They forgot to turn on the auto tune gear thats for sure.
Dennis Saydak

Post by Dennis Saydak »

Most of the "songs" from this New Country fad won't be remembered past the day they drop off the charts. Too much fake smoke & fireworks and noise for my taste.

I'm not a big fan of Taylor Swift either but I do admire her mother - classy lady!
Dennis
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race, the rats get faster.
Jack Ritter

Post by Jack Ritter »

CMA now means "Country, My ###".
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

just as not enough people got the message from 'the love generation', they also missed the point of the george strait movie, 'pure country'. the message was more love & honesty and less phony crap!
Paul Awalt

CMAs

Post by Paul Awalt »

I have to admit I did like Aldean's diamond ear rings.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

First time I've watched in years. Now I remember why.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Not country at all. Hollywood B.S. a$$ kissers. How pathetic to see some country people taking part in this. Where's my Charlie Pride CD?
Ken Pippus

Post by Ken Pippus »

Gee, why haven't you guys mentioned you felt this way before?
Shorty Smith

Post by Shorty Smith »

I wonder why Alan Jackson didn't get a milestone award, no but they sure gave the so called country star,Taylor Swift a milestone award, She needed a kiddy award. The kids music made her famous,not country music, just my thoughts, Shorty
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Be careful, big brothers gonna kill your career in your neighborhood if you don't keep your opinion to yourself. Why now?,is right Ken Pippus. Most have already executed me for standing up and all I have is my History to live by and " Who Used Who,My Memories " by; Uncle Leo J Eiffert Jr, & the Pigeons- facebook.
John Booth

Post by John Booth »

I stopped watching it when Garth Brooks shot fireworks off on stage and jumped from amp to amp with his little headset mic on. A piece of me died that night.
Jb in Ohio
GFI S10 Ultra, Telecaster, a Hound Dog, and an Annoyed Wife
Chris Walke

Post by Chris Walke »

chris ivey wrote:i happened to have it on for a moment when aldean got that award. it was a real awakening to see this new low point. what a joke. .
Unfortunately, that was not the low point. This was:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... erformance

If we thought we had so much to complain about thus far....we had no idea how wrong we were. NOW we have something to complain about.
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Richard Sinkler wrote:First time I've watched in years. Now I remember why.
Same here Richard, first time in maybe 10 years and I can say it will probably be another ten before my eyes will grace upon another, maybe never. Not only was it not country(with few exceptions like George) it wasn't even music, JMHO
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.