"Gopher, Everett?"
Russ Wever

Post by Russ Wever »

March 13th . . also via
iTunes and On Demand
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

Good news! Been wanting to see this and there have been a few screenings in Northern California in the past couple years, but they were all an hour or more drive each direction on work nights, so I took the wait-for-the-official release approach.
Mark
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

Mark,

I've seen it, my buddy who works in the media got an advance copy years ago, it's great. Problem I heard was that Tommy Tedesco's son who did the project had to raise enough money to pay for the rights to use the music that those guys created :(

Doesn't seem fair, but its a great documentary and I'll buy my copy when it does come out
Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
Scott Malchow

Post by Scott Malchow »

I saw this at a pre-release showing about 3 years ago
and it is a 'must see'!!
In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world that no longer exists.
~ Eric Hoffer, philosopher and author 1902-1983
Jason Schofield

Post by Jason Schofield »

saw it a few years ago myself. Absolutely fantastic. I'm a huge Beach Boys fan so it was amazing seeing all the musicians who played on those tracks. I also love all the surf records they made while the record label put some phoney groups on the covers. A must see!
scott murray

Post by scott murray »

a great film... this release is WAY overdue.

although there are some factual errors, especially in regard to The Beach Boys. turns out, there is at least a Beach Boy or three on just about everything they ever recorded. The Wrecking Crew deserves praise and recognition, but there's no need to downplay or ignore the work of those who also contributed to some great records... especially when it was THEIR records in the first place.
1965 Emmons S-10, 3x5 • Emmons LLIII D-10, 10x12 • JCH D-10, 10x12 • Beard MA-8 • Oahu Tonemaster
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

Wait til you see the Gold Star Recording Studios " Country Wrecking Crew " team of Musicians with the late Mr. Stan Ross & the living Dave Gold. They should be and have their own Star on the " Walk Of Stars " in Hollywood,California on Hollywood Blvd. :idea: Uncle Leo J Eiffert Jr.
LJ Eiffert

Post by LJ Eiffert »

TTT: I support " The Wrecking Crew Documentary " of Tommy Tedesco one of the World's Great Guitarist in which this story is based on about the History of him and the Musicians at Gold Star Recording Studios of Stan Ross & Dave Gold. The Country Wrecking Crew is more about the real neighborhood musicians who came to Gold Star to get what they needed done for a real great record by Gold Star of Hollywood,California not Houston,Texas. Very enjoyable and educational the Wrecking Crew. ;-)