FL: Lakeland Steel Guitar Show January 24th. 2015

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

John LeMaster

Up to the top

Post by John LeMaster »

Weather forecast for Lakeland on Saturday is partly cloudy with high temp near 70 degrees. Music forecast is good, too, from noon until late into the evening...
:)
Dave O'Brien

Lakeland Show

Post by Dave O'Brien »

Let me be the first to thank Haywood, Larry, all the volunteers. players and the amazing band! You all did such a great job. :D
Dave O'Brien
Emmons D-10, CMI D-10, Fender Deluxe Reverb, PV 112, Fender Pro Reverb
www.myspace.com/daveobrienband
Jack Dougherty

Post by Jack Dougherty »

Should not have expected anything but the best from this lineup....
From the band to all the players.....outstanding.....
It's moments like these that keep the Steel Guitar alive...
Thanks to Haywood for yet another great show..
It was a pleasure being apart of it....😃
There is no such thing as too many steels!!
Emmons P/P 8/7 Strings....whatever I have.....Picks..mixed...Bars...one of four..but I like the Bullet Bar
Walker Stereo Steel Amp

TC M1 XL
Peavey Vegas Fox Mod
Various sundries and toys..
John LeMaster

Florida Steel Jam at Lakeland

Post by John LeMaster »

Dave, Jack, it was a great day. Haywood, Larry, the volunteers, the musicians and the super nice folks in the audience combined for one of the best musical times I've had in quite a while.

I had a blast picking on the bass for most of the show. Hope to see everyone at next year's (and the 19th annual) Florida Steel Jam.
John L
John King

Lakeland Steel Show

Post by John King »

Haywood and Larry I want to thank you both for a wonderful time and having me on the show. The band was super Royce Morgan,Lonnie Portwood to of the best, and John THE MASTER on bass. My buddy Fred Ellis on drums and Ollie Strong on fiddle . Thank you all!! IT JUST DON'T GET ANY BETTER.
Lonnie Portwood

Post by Lonnie Portwood »

This Show was one of the highlights of my musical experiences! It was indeed an "honor and privelige" to play with such masterful musicians. I was especially humbled and honored to sit beside Royce Morgan, the real "Gentle Giant" of the Guitar World, It took me two days to "come down" from the "Musical High". Thanks, Heywood, Larry, Doug , Joe, and all you sweet people. LonniePS. We're going to try to repwat this experience this week-end, 30th and 31st, in Jacksonville, Fl. Email me for more info. egllp00@comcast.net
Music is probably the most "spiritual of mankinds emotions, and when practised with a pure heart, can lead one into the presence of God, who invented it. Lonnie Portwood
Bob Strum

Lakeland Show

Post by Bob Strum »

I'm sorry to be so late to express my thanks and honor to be part of this great show. Haywood you always make everyone so welcome. The band was tops and Larry I love your sound on the Mullins. With Doug and Joe I can only envy their skills and the joy they bring.
Sincerely, Bob Strum