Quilter amp very impressive

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Behm

Quilter amp very impressive

Post by Larry Behm »

So I am in Phoenix for the steel show, my friend has me over to his home, we plug in his Infinity into 2 Quilter combo amps, talk about sweet, I almost had to take an insulin shot.

I liked the 3 knobs on the reverb and the speaker was a good match for the amp. I am always talking on here about clear and clean, boy this was another level. I realize the part the guitar, pickups and volume pedal play, but that aside the amps sounded greaaaate.
'70 D10 Black fatback Emmons PP, Hilton VP, BJS bars, Boss GE-7 for Dobro effect, Zoom MS50G, Flamma Reverb, Planet Wave cables, Quilter 202 Toneblock, Telonics 15” speaker.

Phone: 971-219-8533
Dave Bertoncini

Post by Dave Bertoncini »

Larry
I wonder who has all that cool stuff :-)
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

Dave,I do not care to mention him by name, do not want others to feel left out in the cold. Oh that's right it was Phoenix, warm weather all around.
'70 D10 Black fatback Emmons PP, Hilton VP, BJS bars, Boss GE-7 for Dobro effect, Zoom MS50G, Flamma Reverb, Planet Wave cables, Quilter 202 Toneblock, Telonics 15” speaker.

Phone: 971-219-8533
Dave Bertoncini

Post by Dave Bertoncini »

:whoa: :lol: :roll: :whoa:
Ellis Miller

Post by Ellis Miller »

I have been using a Quilter Micro-Pro for guitar and I love it... and it only weighs 26 pounds.

Hi Larry.
Ellis Miller
Don't believe everything you think.
http://www.ellismillermusic.com
Jim Bloomfield

Post by Jim Bloomfield »

Ellis Miller wrote:I have been using a Quilter Micro-Pro for guitar and I love it... and it only weighs 26 pounds.

Hi Larry.
Ellis, how does your micropro sound with steel and what size speaker do you have? Thanks.
Jeff Triplett

Post by Jeff Triplett »

Received my Steelaire combo Friday morning and played out with it Friday night. Wow, what a difference. All my band mates took notice of the clean, warm sound I was getting.

Thanks Pat Quilter for developing this amp.
Show Pro Custom D-10, Justice D10 - Weldon Myrick Edition, Emmons D-10 LeGrande II, Emmons D10 P/P, Sho-Bud Pro II Custom, Telonics and Quilter Amps.
Bill Leff

Post by Bill Leff »

I have an Aviator 8. Quality amp that sounds good. Sounds great with electric guitar, lap steel and acoustic instruments with pickups. I don't play pedals so I can't comment on that.
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

I've got pretty much all the Quilter products at the shop and they are really impressive, as is Tim Marcus' 50-50.
Stephen Abruzzo

Post by Stephen Abruzzo »

Hey Jim......what's your take on the new Quilter Mach 2. Looks like a significant improvement on the MicroPro series?
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

It enables a lot of the features on the 1st/clean channel that were heretofore just available on the 2nd/dirty channel and has more settings that give you more options for sound manipulation than b4- Pat Quilter is a electronics marvel for sure.
Jerry Tillman

Mach 11 amps.

Post by Jerry Tillman »

The Mach two amps now have an eq for the second channel that will help with anyone doing double duty,guitar and steel or steel and fiddle.Also two built in overdrive or distortion that are very easy to set.As soon as we got the new Mach 11 in we plugged everything we had into it,everything sounded great.I quit trying to tell people how good the amps are on the phone.As soon as they play them they buy one.The demos online do not do justice to these amps.Thanks Jerry jerrysguitarsnmor