FL: Lakeland Steel Guitar Show January 24th. 2015

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Larry Danley

FL: Lakeland Steel Guitar Show January 24th. 2015

Post by Larry Danley »

HAYWOOD HENSON PRESENTS FLORIDA STEEL JAM, JANUARY 24th 2015 at the HOWARD JOHNSONS, 939 W. ROBSON ST. I-4 Exit 32, Lakeland Florida, 33805.

our special guest's this year will be JOE WRIGHT, And also appearing, DOUG JERNIGAN, both are master's of the instrument.

Plus many fine guest from Fl. And surounding, states, this event starts at 12 Noon, until ?

We hope you start making your plans to join us.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL. 813-531-1772. HAYWOOD HENSON or 863-557-7578 Larry Danley. Players line up to come

We also have a great house band, one of the best.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Wish you was closer, We would love to be there. Hope you have a great show. Larry and Jean
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Dave O'Brien

Lakeland Show

Post by Dave O'Brien »

Great news Larry ! Looking forward to it!
Dave O'Brien
Emmons D-10, CMI D-10, Fender Deluxe Reverb, PV 112, Fender Pro Reverb
www.myspace.com/daveobrienband
Larry Danley

Post by Larry Danley »

We would love to have you Larry, be so nice to see you both again, love to hear Jean sing. Maybe sometime you can make it to florida.

Dave it's always a pleasure to have you and your talent be a part of the jam, looking forward to seeing you.
Dave O'Brien

Lakeland Jam

Post by Dave O'Brien »

Thanks for the kind words Larry and Heywood : don't worry I'll leave my banjo home! :lol:
Dave O'Brien
Emmons D-10, CMI D-10, Fender Deluxe Reverb, PV 112, Fender Pro Reverb
www.myspace.com/daveobrienband
Dave Flanagan

Post by Dave Flanagan »

Hey I'll be there, with my brother Dave and my brother Larry and my other brother Larry
Larry Danley

Post by Larry Danley »

Good to have you Dave, looking forward to the jam.
Jeffery Self

Post by Jeffery Self »

All the best to you Heywood and Larry!! Heywood always came to be a part of the DeBary Steel Guitar Jams that Larry Self put on every year in January back in the 90's. Lakeland was the first Steel show I ever attended back in the early 80's with Mr.E and Jeff Newman. Glad to see you keepin' it goin' Heywood, Best of luck to both of you

:D :D
If it's a penny for your thoughts!!!
Why must everyone put in their two cents worth???

Remembering Larry Self (1936-2014)
John LeMaster

Haywood's 18th FLA Steel Jam

Post by John LeMaster »

This is going to be quite a show! Two ISG Hall-of-Fame steelers, Doug Jernigan and Joe Wright, plus, Larry Danley, Dave O'Brien and several other great players will be on the program.

Haywood Henson has asked me to play bass for the show (once again), and I am honored and excited to have this opportunity. I believe this is my 6th year in a row at the Florida Steel Jam. Its only a few weeks away, so make your plans to come to sunny Lakeland, FL on January 24th!
John L.

Doug Jernigan
Joe Wright
Haywood Henson
Magnum D10, Emmons D10 push-pull
Lonnie Portwood

Post by Lonnie Portwood »

John, the first two pictures were great mug shots, but that guy with the black cowboy hat "startled" me! I thought it was Richard Petty!! You do know that Haywood is a famous race car driver, don't you?

All seriousness a-side, folks this is always a great show, with excellent players and singers. Don't let this one slip by you. Oh yeah, Larry Danley is a show all by Hisself! Lonnie Portwood
Music is probably the most "spiritual of mankinds emotions, and when practised with a pure heart, can lead one into the presence of God, who invented it. Lonnie Portwood
Larry Danley

Post by Larry Danley »

It's always a pleasure having John LaMaster and Lonnie Portwood, part of this show, and all there friends. I can't say enought about these fellows, they bring so much talent, and support to this show, HAYWOOD and I thank you, looking forward to seeing you.

Oh, and I will try a do a makeover on that guy with the glasses.
Larry Danley

Post by Larry Danley »

This it going to be a great show, thanks for all the interest from all of you, keep telling your friends.
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

We're going to try to make it again this year. We had a great time last January. My good friend and great singer, Tommy Smith, brought us last time and I like January in Florida a lot better than in N.J. I hope we can make it.
Douglas Cresanta

Post by Douglas Cresanta »

You got that right, Ben. January in Florida, is a lot
better than January in NJ.

Planning on being there, too.
Kristen Bruno

Post by Kristen Bruno »

I am about an hour and a half from Lakeland and plan on going to this spectacular event!

Do you know if any guitar techs would be available on site that could switch my LKR with my RKR on my GFI universal? These guitars should not be difficult to work on but the person would have to have the available parts.
I am a little north of Orlando and do not know of anyone around here that can do this.

Thanks
K
"Technology has given us the ability to repeat all the mistakes we have learned from history, but much faster, deadlier and with much greater accuracy" - KAB
Sam White

Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hey Larry Danley how are you doing?? Are you still playing Steel guitar in Sebring with Don West.I sold my SD10 with 4 & 5 Custom Steel Guitar it was to much for me to lug around.I know have a 8 String Dyna Lap Steel and a S-10 Fessenden with 3 & 4 with Aluminum legs and it is a lot lighter. It is tuned C-6 and i love the way it plays and sounds.Anna and I are back up here in Rhode Island but in the Spring we are selling out and moving back to North Carolina for good.My E-mail is risteelguitar1@gmail.com give me a buzz.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Larry Danley

Post by Larry Danley »

Hi Sam, so nice to hear from you, wish you were down for the Steel Jam, hope all is well with you.

I'm not playing in Sebring, Was playing four nights a week which is a lot for me, so enjoying the time off from the Saturday. hope to see you soon.
Bob Strum

Post by Bob Strum »

Hey Haywood and Larry, I'm really looking forward to be with you all. Your band is great and the steelers really shine.. What else can I say, you are getting the best..Doug and Joe. Best wishes, Bob
Larry Danley

Post by Larry Danley »

Hi Bob, looking forward to seeing you again, should be a great time together with all the great family of steel guitar.
John King

Great Players and Great Back Up Band

Post by John King »

Haywood and Larry looking forward to being at the show. John THE master on bass and Lonnie on guitar,has all the making of a great back up band. Can't wait to hear all that fine playing.Always a great show!
Larry Danley

Post by Larry Danley »

John its always a pleasure to have you as part of the show, HAYWOOD and I are looking forward to a great time with the steel guitar fans, and a lot of great players, great music and fun for all.
Larry Danley

Post by Larry Danley »

Here is the number to the Howard Johnson Lakeland Fl. 863-688-7972. Mention steel Jam, Jan 24th. Rooms special is $49.00 dollars, Rooms are going fast.
Larry Danley

Post by Larry Danley »

Bump
Jeffery Self

Post by Jeffery Self »

YEPPP!
Same Haywood, just a few years younger. Hope we can make it to your show on the 24th.
Sure be nice to see yen's down in the south. Kinda cold in Tenn. Best of luck.
The Self's

Image :D :D
If it's a penny for your thoughts!!!
Why must everyone put in their two cents worth???

Remembering Larry Self (1936-2014)
Larry Danley

Haywood Henson Steel Guitar Jam

Post by Larry Danley »

Saturday jan. 24th 2015. Doors open at 11:00 am show starts at 12:00.

It's going to be a lot of fun folks, great talent with Joe Wright & Doug Jernigan

Larry Danley
Bob Strum
Doug Jernigan
Jack Daugherty
John King
Joe Wright
Tommy Thompson

INTERMISSION

Olie and Rae Strong
Dave O'Brien
David Christmas
Doug Jernigan