ZB Custom D-10

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
John Shadid

ZB Custom D-10

Post by John Shadid »

This is a red lacquer D-10 ZB Custom. I've been told it was built in Texas during Tom Brumley's years as owner from a very reliable source. All the parts are there, Emmons set up. Selling to help pay for a move. Asking $1850 obo. If you would like more pics or have any questions please ask.
John Shadid

Post by John Shadid »

Forgot to mention, it has 8 pedals and 6 knee levers.
James Quillian

Post by James Quillian »

Is this a standard E9 C6 set up?

Does it need to go to the shop or is it in excellent shape right now?
John Shadid

Post by John Shadid »

Yes, the front neck is e9 and back neck is c6, both with standard changes. The guitar is in working condition. Due to the complexity of ZBs, I haven't touched much underneath, other than calibrating some of the pulls to start and end together. It has all original parts. All I would recommend to start is a good cleaning. There is a little buzz when switching the tone controls. However this is not a factor, unless you have a pet monkey that likes to jiggle the switches while you play. When I get home, I'll post some pics of the underside.
Delton Deese

?

Post by Delton Deese »

Is this guitar still in the market.
I love steel guitar music.
Rick Abbott

Post by Rick Abbott »

Two things:

It's very easy to miss the date when the post was made on the thread. In this case it was in 2012.

You might not be aware that the seller's membership was suspended for, what appeared to be, fraudulent dealings on the Forum. He may have been reinstated?

It DOES look nice though :\
RICK ABBOTT
Sho~Bud D-10 Professional #7962
Remington T-8, Wakarusa 5e3 clone
1953 Stromberg-Carlson AU-35
Paul Norman

Post by Paul Norman »

Delton You are pulling up old posts that are obsolete.
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

I bought this guitar in 2012 and rebuilt it putting in modern bell cranks and under carriage. It played great and sounded great. I have since sold it.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

Henry Matthews wrote:I bought this guitar in 2012 and rebuilt it putting in modern bell cranks and under carriage. It played great and sounded great. I have since sold it.
and you did a great job my friend, I had that guitar for a short time, and it was a beauty

Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

That's right Damir, I had forgotten that you got it. I played it on our Opry show for about two months and it had great tone. I put a lot of work into that guitar just really to see if I could improve the old cross bar undercarriage and I think I succeeded. Now that I know how to do it, I may do another sometime. It didn't change the tone at all and it played smooth as butter with good positive stops on the pedals. There are several things I would do different just mainly to the new parts but still set up just like I did that one. I would go to a Rains type bell crank because those GFI ones take up too much room.The upside down bell cranks worked great and I didn't have to use any kind of reversers.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
steve takacs

Out of this world.

Post by steve takacs »

Henry,

I remember you sending me photos of that ZB rebuild and thinking what a superb idea, particularly when the tone was unaffected.

In my opinion, those ZB wooden bodies are consistently out of this world. Kudos to you. steve t
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

if ZB was still in a production today, this is what they would probably look like, compact body with modern all pull changer, great job