Pray for John Hawkins' passing

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

John Hawkins

Pray for John Hawkins' passing

Post by John Hawkins »

On Dec.4th my Dad John Hawkins passed and I now he loved being on this forum. I was so lucky to be able to play drums with my Dad at gigs and jam sessions. We are all sad from this and the country music world lost a really great steel player( 60 years playing) and Father. Everyone please pray for my mother Jo Dean to lift her up. Thanks to all of my Dad's friends on the Forum for always keeping his spirit high!

Steve Hawkins and family respectfully. [/b]
Charles Campbell

Post by Charles Campbell »

John, I'm very sorry that you lost your dad, I know very well what you are going through, i've had the same experience....I will be praying for you and the family.....Charlie
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

My condolences to your family. John was very helpful to our family in putting our son, Jonathan, in touch with his son, Richard, when Jonathan was first starting out in the field of classical saxophone. Richard graciously provided sage counsel to him and I've always appreciated both him and John for their assistance.

My condolences to all.

Jim
Tiny Olson

Post by Tiny Olson »

Steve & Family:

I'm very sorry to hear of John's passing. I've known him for over 35 yrs. and he was such a good guy. In more recent years he and I often talked about our mutual buddy, the late, great, Don Barr and all the fun times back when.

John's gone on to a better place now. My prayers and condolences go out for John and all you folks as well. May The Lord comfort you in your loss.

Sincerely,
Chris "Tiny" Olson
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Steve,
My deepest sympathy to you, your mother, and your entire family in your time of grief.
Donna Dodd
Donna Dodd
Georgia Steel Guitar Association (GaSGA) Board Member & Website Administrator
"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com