22nd Annual Northeast Iowa Steel Guitar Show, Waterloo, Iowa

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Lefty Schrage

22nd Annual Northeast Iowa Steel Guitar Show, Waterloo, Iowa

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Electric Park Ballroom in Waterloo will rock October 24 - 26 for the 22nd Annual Northeast Iowa Steel Guitar Show. Featured Artist Eddie Lange from Nashville, TN will perform along with 25 Midwest Artists from six states. Hours are 11:00am – 11:00pm on Saturday and 10:00am – 5:00pm on Sunday with Steel Guitar Worship service prior at 9:00am. Music vendors and food & beverage on-site. Great music for listening and dancing. Admission is $15.00 each day with free parking or $25.00 for the weekend. An Open Jam Session will be held Friday, October 24 from 6:00pm – 10:00pm. All area musicians and the public are invited to attend this free jam session. (Donations accepted) Electric Park Ballroom, National Cattle Congress Grounds, 310 West Conger, Waterloo, Iowa. For more information and a complete schedule www.steelguitarjam.com or call 563-422-3293. Schedule also available on Facebook at 'Northeast Iowa Steel Guitar Show'.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Lefty,
Is Herb Steiner still coming? :D
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

hi Erv - Nope, Herb notified us he had a conflict and couldn't do the show. So we are happy and proud to have Eddie Lange fill the headliner slot. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the show.
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Me too! :D
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Hey Lefty, looking forward to being there with my wife, Lisa. The house is gonna rock !
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.
Russ Wever

Post by Russ Wever »

Lefty -
I sure had a Big Time last year in the
Headliner Spot and know you'll all love
having Eddie this year -
He's an awesome talent!
~Russ
Ronald Moore

Post by Ronald Moore »

This show is one of the best in the area. Lots of good players, a great ballroom with lots of room for listening, dancing, and chatting (or buying) from several vendors. Also, the Jump Start Academy players will be showing what they have learned. See you this weekend. Ron
Bob Frederick

Northeast Iowa Steel Show

Post by Bob Frederick »

Great show this year Many, many great steel players.
I personally want to thank Lefty and all the crew for the honor to play the show again this year. We had a great time and especially glad to listen to Eddie Lang belt out some impressive steel numbers. Excellent choice for entertainer. Staff band did one heck of a job supporting everyone. They don't get the recognition they deserve for the many hours they put in. Thanks guys
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Board members and Associates thank all who contributed to making this year's show a huge success, including the fabulous Eddie Lange, the very capable Midwest artists, Scotty's presence and comments, the awesome house band headed up by Roger Miller, Kirk Dighton for the fine scheduling, steelers who participated in the Red Light Brigade, emcees, Kim Dighton and staff working the gate, and grips moving equipment on/off stage. And Russ, we totally agree about Eddie's superb steel playing.
Just a note about next year's show - due to a calendar conflict, the 2015 show will be one week earlier than normal, i.e., October 16-18. We hope everyone will mark their calendars. [/u][/i]
Dale Thomas

Post by Dale Thomas »

Very good show this year. Eddie Lange was so impressive. He can really think
on his,,,er feet. Back up band was wonderful. Thanks Lefty,Kirk and all.
Al Anderson

Post by Al Anderson »

Great show,Excelent back up band.Great accommodations. I also enjoyed listening to the players from the acadmey.You all should be proud of the fine job you are doing in bringing the steel guitar in to the future. Thanks for the invite Guys.