ShoBud ProII 3x5 no case, trade for T8 or D10

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Michael Brose

ShoBud ProII 3x5 no case, trade for T8 or D10

Post by Michael Brose »

Serial #3479. Has an added arm pad, 3 screws from beneath. 3f 5k. Looks like pickup was upgraded. Dust Catcher FB. I love the guitar but really want a triple8 or would consider trades involving a Fender D8 or a Grande Console. At the same time I am aware that some folks don't use the c6 neck on a d10 very much if at all and may be interested in trading for a s10. I have a few pics right now but will try to get more dtailed pics (levers, changer etc.) sometime the next day or two. It's in pretty good shape. I was told it was a '73 or somewhere there abouts. My preference is to Trade for a d10. Would Consider selling but would rather trade. You can email talcron@hotmail.com or call 662.401.6349. I'm located in North East MS. Thanks, Michael Brose/

Adam Nero

Post by Adam Nero »

Last edited by Adam Nero on 25 Aug 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Brose

undercariage

Post by Michael Brose »

Michael Brose

More pics

Post by Michael Brose »

Michael Brose

More pics2

Post by Michael Brose »

Michael Brose

Post by Michael Brose »

There are allot of pics there but they're small in data size so won't burn up some bandwidth. This is my first real pedal steel. I build guitars/banjos and other acoustic and electric instruments but I am completely ignorant to how a ShoBud is supposed to look on the underside so you more knowledgeable people can discern what you need from the pics and feel free to share. I'm thinking in the $1900 range for all you emailing me about price?? High? Low? Thanks. Consider partial trade/cash too. PM or contact below with questions or offers if you want.

talcron@hotmail.com
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

that's interesting. i'd never heard of a single neck pro-ll before. nice steel though. i like the body size.
Michael Brose

eBay listing

Post by Michael Brose »

I've listed it on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1497341136

Donation will be made upon sale to Forum member of course. Thanks guys.
Michael Brose

armpad pics

Post by Michael Brose »

A few of you have asked about the arm rest, how it's attatched. There were 3 screws attaching the arm pad. Under the arm pad I've discovered these 3 steel pins. I have no clue what they were or are there for. Thanks for looking.

Cartwright Thompson

Post by Cartwright Thompson »

Ain't no Pro-II, they forgot to cut off a I when they put the sticker on. A Pro-II has two necks.
Michael Brose

well

Post by Michael Brose »

Hmm. Neato!
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

It's an early 70s Pro I, 6139, originally had volume and tone controls on back deck. Undercarriage, changer parts and pedals have been replaced with late 70s/80s Pro III/Super Pro style. Someone got the wrong decal when they refinished it.
Michael Brose

Post by Michael Brose »

wow thanks man.. Is that what the steel dowels were for? The pot holes? (for lack of better words) heh
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

yep. There is a serial # archive here if you're interested: http://www.donblood.net/page5.php. Yours was likely built in 1973, probably had rack and barrel puller setup.

Also some good general 'Bud info here: http://www.planet.eon.net/~gsimmons/shobud/models.html
Michael Brose

Post by Michael Brose »

Thanks Ian! If it were a Gibson banjo or most any guitar I'd be a little more well informed . Just learning about these ShoBud Models. Thanks for the links.
Ron Pruter

Post by Ron Pruter »

Michael, Seems a little high priced for a guitar in this condition ,but good luck. It has tons of potential. That's probably an upgrade, Wallace pick up. RP
Emmons SKH Le Grande, '73 P/J bass, Tick tack bass, Regal high strung, and a Coral Sitar, USA Nashville 112.
Michael Brose

Post by Michael Brose »

Yeah I kinda figured, hence the latent attempt at a price check without making a seperate forum post. .. heh that's why I put the ?? I am open to Reasonable offers. I mean the old thing is very used, but plays good as far as I can tell. It's my first pedal steel. I took it to a gig a couple weeks ago and let our steel player use it and he thought it was great. I know he made it sound like gold. Apparently somebody pretty knowledgeable about steels owned itpreviously, considering all the upgraded undercarriage mechanisms. My goal is to trade for a d10 of some type or do some kind of trade / cash+ trade for a double 8 Gibson or fender, maybe even a Rick.. I hope $1500 + $100 shipping would be fair. I just want any prospective buyers/ traders to scrutinize the pics and ask any questions you want. Thanks for the input guys.

Michael Brose

bump

Post by Michael Brose »

Gonna bump this for $1300 obo + whatever shipping there is . No Case.
Bill C. Buntin

Post by Bill C. Buntin »

Ian, did the super pro and pro3 have the same hardware?