Sold Rittenberry ***LOWER PRICE*** D-10, 8X5

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Dean Holman

Post by Dean Holman »

Sometimes pictures can be deceiving. I just compared these pictures to the Rittenberry I had and I'm not really seeing anything. I'm seeing some reflections cause those necks are a mirror finish. I'm not really seeing anything on this guitar that really bothers me. Sometimes the adhesive on the fretboards won't stick as good as it should, but that's an easy fix. I think this is a cool looking guitar and I can only imagine how great that guitar sounds. I know firsthand that Gary quits taking orders after a dozen and Rittenberry guitars are gaining popularity quickly from a lot of top players. These are very high quality guitars and someone needs to jump on this guitar while you can get it.
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Troy Porter wrote:WOW!

As for the gentleman that wants to "Bet his life", please don,t do that. You have a lot to lose. You have made loose comments without knowing all the facts.

To the guy that wants to offer $3100 for a "TOP OF THE LINE GUITAR" LOTS OF LUCK. Take another look at the pictures.
Troy, I do know the facts! True there was a problem with the first fret board. Fact: Gary wanted Glen to send to him and he would replace it. Fact: Glen said he was plenty capable of fixing it himself. Fact: Gary sent another set of fret boards. Fact: instead of removing the old fret boards, Glen tried to put them over the existing boards IE, the first set of photo's which were uneven. Now you have fixed the problem IE, second set of photo's which should have been done in the first place. I thank you for that.
Now! I don't like being called a dumb Missouri Mule because I seen a problem and called some one out on it. To ask 4300.00 for a 3800.00 Steel that is three years old, I think the Instrument should be perfect.
Those are the facts:
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

OK Bill, but there are still some facts that you don't know. You basically indicated the new guitar would never be delivered under anything less than perfect condition (my own words). Then you later stated that you knew about the problem with the fretboards. What's with that? You assumed the new fretboards were installed over the old ones improperly. They were merely placed on the guitar to get pics and would never have been shipped until they were properly installed. This guitar probably has less than 10 hours playing time and is in perfect condition.
I am guessing that the price for a new RIT has gone up due to inflation,supply and demand,or whatever reason and I have heard the lead time is between 8 and 12 months. If someone wants a new Rit without the long wait, this is a perfect deal.

Lastly, The buying or selling of this beautiful guitar is neither yours or my business and this conversation should have never taken place on the Forum. I suggest that any further conversation concerning this matter be done through PM
Rick Baker

Rit

Post by Rick Baker »

The sniping of every guitar that's listed needs to stop and I hope Bob does something about it. Congrat's on the sale Mr. Porter and to the new owner. Fine sled!
...it's never to late to be the good guy...
Emmons Legrande D10 9/7, 'cause I'm an Emmons guy.
Tom Quinn

Post by Tom Quinn »

Boy, there are some real jerks on this thread. Over and out...
I need an Emmons!
Gerry Cockrell

Post by Gerry Cockrell »

For the past several days, I have been negotiating with "Mr." Porter for the purchase of this guitar. This has been primarily by email. I had also become aware of the actual situation with the fretboards, even though "Mr." Porter refused to answer any questions about them. Yesterday afternoon, Tuesday July 29, "Mr." Porter emailed me a "buy it now" price. I agreed to the "buy it now" price not long afterward and assumed we had a deal. After hearing nothing further from "Mr." Porter, I emailed him at approximately 6:00 am Texas time this morning requesting that he contact me with proper info so I could pay him and get the guitar shipped to me. From the SGF edit time this morning on his classified ad, he listed the guitar as SOLD a few minutes after I sent
my email. I have yet to hear from "Mr." Porter even after my sending him two more emails today. I do not know whether I am the buyer of this guitar or whether he just ignored my acceptance of his "buy it now" price and sold it to someone else for a few dollars more. Well, I should have taken a lesson from my fellow Texan, Mark, and dropped out of this whole mess early on. Since "Mr." Porter won't communicate with me any further, I am notifying him through this post that I am OUT. I no longer have any interest in dealing with "Mr." Porter or in buying this guitar.
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Lastly, The buying or selling of this beautiful guitar is neither yours or my business and this conversation should have never taken place on the Forum.

None of your business,So why are you involved.
First of all I never intended to create any controversy, only to point out a problem I felt people should know about. Who ever bought it got a good Steel. My last comment.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Gerry Cockrell

Post by Gerry Cockrell »

If what I just related in my previous post makes me a jerk or guilty of "sniping," so be it. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. I chose to do most of my communication with "Mr." Porter by email for a reason. That's all I have to say on this subject.
Rick Baker

Rit

Post by Rick Baker »

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
...it's never to late to be the good guy...
Emmons Legrande D10 9/7, 'cause I'm an Emmons guy.
Troy Porter

Post by Troy Porter »

Bill... Get some sleep.
Jack Mitchell

Post by Jack Mitchell »

Dean Holman

Post by Dean Holman »

I think in all fairness that Bill just wanted people to know that it would be unlike Gary Rittenberry to do anything shoddy on his guitars as a courtesy to Gary. I understand the new fretboards over the old to make the guitar look nice for the photos. Not questioning your ability to apply the new fretboards but a simple explanation off the bat, would have avoided any questions or opinions about it. I still think who buys or bought this guitar is still getting a great guitar.
Glen Porter

Rittenberry ***LOWER PRICE*** D-10, 8X5

Post by Glen Porter »

Why did Gerry Cockrell make an offer to buy the Ritt when we agreed on a price, then back out after I posted it Sold on the Forum, with the excuse I failed to respond. NOT TRUE, . Gary has my Cell# why didn't he call me.... I think because he was playing a silly child's game.The Ritt is still For Sale to a serious buyer.
Thanks
Glen Porter