webb cab parts ?

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Darrell Schmidt

webb cab parts ?

Post by Darrell Schmidt »

I bought a Webb amp shell to take the parts from webb and put in it.The shell is in excellent shape, a plus 10, easily. The problem
is holes will not line up on top and I will not drill new holes. Any suggestions on what I can do, do NOT want to get rid of the shell.
Kevin Raymer

Post by Kevin Raymer »

Depending on your woodworking / metalworking skills, and the tools you have available.

You could put a couple of 3/4 by 3/4 rails in under the chassis attached to the side of the cabinet ?? You could then attach the chassis to the cabinet from underneath through the rails you added.

OR

You could get some angle brackets and attach them to the side of the cabinet and then the bottom of the chassis..

Or

You could get some aluminum angle at Home Depot or lowes and cut it to fit un under the chassis instead of using 3/4 by 3/4 wood as well.

You could then cut off screws that just fit the holes on top and fill them that way so they look normal.

If you turn the amp cabinet upside down and then set the amp chassis on there upside down as well you should be able to use any of the above methods to secure the chassis in the amp without drilling new holes in the top.

Those are my thoughts.
Kevin Raymer
Zum / Knaggs / Breedlove
Fractal Audio
Bill A. Moore

Post by Bill A. Moore »

The simplist thing is to lift the tolex, fill in the holes you don't want, and drill in the locations to fit your chassis. I doubt that it would be any problem to get some matching tolex to recover the top.
Darrell Schmidt

webb cab parts ?

Post by Darrell Schmidt »

Thanks for suggestions I will probably give one of them try.
Thanks again Darrell