North Carolina: MASGA Jam on April12,2014

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Michael Calaway

North Carolina: MASGA Jam on April12,2014

Post by Michael Calaway »

Masga Jam sponsored by E.R. Chandler and Kevin Robbins,
APRIL 12, 2014 at the:
Kannapolis Moose Lodge
Old Beatty Ford Road
China Grove, NC
We'll be FEATURING ARNETT MILL, JOE TURNER AND SID HUDSON at this Jam

DIRECTIONS TO EVENT: For those that will be headed south on Rt.85 towards Kannapolis NC. Take exit #68. Go through two stoplights then 1 flashing light, then turn left at the next stoplight onto Old Beatty Ford Road. Go approximately 1 mile, the Moose Lodge will be on the left.

DIRECTIONS TO EVENT: For people that will be headed North on Rt. 85 towards Kannapolis NC. Take exit #58, this will put you on Rt29 north. Go approximately 7 miles (through Kannapolis) until you see the Landis city limit sign. Go another 1/2 mile until you come to a stoplight and turn right on Old Beatty Ford Road. Go approximately 1 mile, the Moose Lodge will be on the left.

FOOD--Great food will be made available on premises.

Econolodge 704-786-3100
3100 Cloverleaf Parkway
Kannapolis, NC
Check the motel for special MASGA rates.

There is no membership dues. Anyone coming to our events can join at no charge meaning they can vote and receive promos (mailers, emails). With regular admission they can attend, perform, and offer their products at the events. Admission for the jams is set at $15.00 per person, $25.00 per couple, children under 16 yrs free.

SCHEDULE
Registration at 9am,
Performers with tracks at 10am
The band starts at 1:00P.M.

Our band for this jam is:
Jim Hartley—Drums
Mitch Snow—Guitar
Steve Alonzo Walker--Bass

All levels of players are welcome as well as those who enjoy the unique sound or the "Steel Guitar". _________________________

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Mike Calaway, Secretary/Treasure
Last edited by Michael Calaway on 14 Mar 2014 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Alonzo Walker

Post by Steve Alonzo Walker »

I'm looking forward to this great show! It will be my first time and surely not my last! I've always heard nothing but positive comments about the show and the fine people that attend. It's always good to meet new friends of the Steel Guitar! See you there!!!
Johnny Howington

Masga

Post by Johnny Howington »

Wow! Now that's a line-up of some great steel players right there! I sure want to come and hear all the great steel music. These guys always light up a crowd! If you have never attended one of these jams you will have a wonderful time especially if you like to hear a steel guitar!! Looking forward to seeing steel guitar friends and to the fellowship that goes with it! Arnett save me a sit beside you! I want another lesson like you gave me the last time I was beside you!!
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

looking forward to it, it's been a few years for me but I will come by and say hello for sure...
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Ray Thomas

Steel Jam

Post by Ray Thomas »

Thanks to ER and Kevin, looking fwd to being there, You steelers from North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and all points come and join us, will be a great time.
Ray Thomas
Livesteel Strings Dealer
Call 919-920-5482
Text rayssteel@gmail.com or email
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

Coming also - if you can put up with my playing! Maybe Ray will bail be out!
Past Secretary/President, MASGA
Mullen U12 (2004)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Hey Friends,

It's been awhile since I've done this show, really looking forward to getting back to NC. Plus, I get to work with Mitch Snow and one of my very favorite bass players, Steve Alonzo Walker. By the way folks, Mr Walker is one fine steel guitar player also, worked the road as steel player for a lot of years with several Nashville artists. Then on top of that, Arnett, Joe, Sid and all the other fine players scheduled, looks like we're in for a big time. Can hardly wait. See ya there.
Allen Howington

Masga

Post by Allen Howington »

Okay, time for all of you to plan on coming to join us for a day of "STEEL GUITAR" and fellowship. Thanks to ER for putting this jam on for all of us, he truly is a dedicated member that works hard for all of us. So do your part, come out and support this "LOVE" that we all share in music and steel guitar.

Allen Howington
President MASGA 2014
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Have a great time Guys as i will be up in Fredricksburg VA. and the next day I will be back home in Rhode Island. We have sold here in Florida and and moving back home to Rhode Island. I have had some great times with all you Guys and I will miss it a lot and all the good friends I have met.I will stay active on the Steel Guitar forum and playing my Dobro and lap steel with the Organization Anna and I started back home. Thank you all for your Hospitality and friendship.Maybe I will write a book on the Steel Guitar and all the great Steel Guitar players and friends we have met threw our travels around this great Country..
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Allen Howington

Jam

Come on guys, post it on here that you are coming, we want to know that you are coming to join us, we need each and every one of you to make it a success.

Allen Howington
MASGA President 2014
Ollin Landers

Post by Ollin Landers »

The last two jams I've either had a personal conflict or a health issue preventing me from attending at the last minute.

I plan on being there this time. I'm trying to encourage a couple of members of my band to come and listen.

It sure wouldn't hurt them to hear some real steel players for a change.
Zum SD-12 Black, Zum SD-12 Burly Elm Several B-Bender Tele's and a lot of other gear I can't play.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields
Allen Howington

Welcome

We welcome your band members to come and join with us. The more the merrier.
Allen Howington

Ttt

Everyone is welcome to come out and join in the fun.
Justin Emmert

Post by Justin Emmert »

Really wish I could make it to what would be my first PSG jam, but unfortunately I'll just be returning from South America on Saturday afternoon. Please keep having them and hopefully I can make the next one.
Ollin Landers

Post by Ollin Landers »

Just bumping this to the top in case anyone missed it.
Zum SD-12 Black, Zum SD-12 Burly Elm Several B-Bender Tele's and a lot of other gear I can't play.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields
Allen Howington

Masga

Come on guys and gals, it don't get any better than this line up:

FEATURING ARNETT MILLS, JOE TURNER AND SID HUDSON at this Jam.

Be sure to come out and join in on all the music and excitement this coming weekend.
Last edited by Allen Howington on 9 Apr 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

I believe you need to add an "S" to Arnett's last name. He's one of my favorite players and no matter where he plays he always get the best tone of anyone there with Joe Turner a very close second. Might be those old Marlen guitars they both play.......JH in Va.
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!
Allen Howington

Bump

Hope to see all the Steel Guitar players and enthusiasts out this Saturday to enjoy the great convention with the MASGA. So bring your steel guitar and lets play.

Allen Howington
MASGA President 2014
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Hey Friends,

I just got in from doing a Conway/Loretta tribute show and I'm headin' straight to bed. Early start for NC in the morning, leavin' Nashville at 5:00 am. Lookin' forward to seeing everybody there.

Goodnight
Allen Howington

Jam

That's mighty early Jim, drive careful and we look forward to seeing you at the convention.
Sid Hudson

Post by Sid Hudson »

Allen Howington

Curly

Where is "Curly"? Just kiddn', two fine gentlemen and friends of mine.
Johnny Howington

Jam

Post by Johnny Howington »

Just wanted to tell all how much I enjoyed the convention. Nice to see everybody and get to hear you guys play. A lot of great talent in that room to enjoy listening to and talk to. Thanks to all who made this event possible and I look forward to seeing you all another time. Arnett, it was great to see you on that stage. I enjoyed your playing and look forward to hearing some more of that Marlen again soon! You guys are awesome!! Thanks for a great time!!
Ray Thomas

August 23

Post by Ray Thomas »

Don't forget, another jam is scheduled for August 23, lets start planning now to be there and bring some one along with you, doesn't have to be a steel player just someone who enjoys good steel playing
Ray Thomas
Livesteel Strings Dealer
Call 919-920-5482
Text rayssteel@gmail.com or email