Peavey 400ltd

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Michael Strange

Peavey 400ltd

Post by Michael Strange »

NEED FEEDBACK ON A NASHVILLE 400 LTD WITH A ESP 15-C SPEAKER. IS THIS WORTH BUYING THANKS MIKE. NEWBEE
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Michael, I think the LTD is the best amp Peavey has ever made for steel guitar. That speaker should sound good too. Price should be according to condition of amp and if it has no issues. You can do a search to sorta see what they have sold for.

I'm editing my post to see which LTD you are referring too. I'm speaking of the old 70's LTD.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Cartwright Thompson

Post by Cartwright Thompson »

"Nashville 400 LTD"?
Cartwright Thompson

Post by Cartwright Thompson »

I've heard of Session 400 LTD, LTD and Nashville 400. Never Nashville 400 LTD...
I guess I need to get out more...
Last edited by Cartwright Thompson on 27 Mar 2014 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Strange

YES, NASHVILLE 400 L.T.D WITH A ESP-15-C SPEAKER. IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND AND IS IN GOOD CONDITION.[/b]
Michael Strange

THANKS FOR THE REPLY,THATS WHAT I WAS HOPING TO HEAR.COSMETICALLY IT IS VERY CLEAN, JUST A SMALL SCUFF ON THE BOTTOM. THEY ARE ASKING $400 WHICH SEEMS TO BE ABOUT THE NORM. THEY SAY ITS PUTTING OUT 300 WTS, SEAMS LIKE ALLOT FOR JUST ADDING A SPEAKER.I AM A NEWBEE AS YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL. THANKS AGAIN, MICHAEL IN SOCAL
autry andress

Nshville 400

Post by autry andress »

Michal Let's be clear about this..
There is a Nashville 400....No Nashville Ltd.
There is a Session 400 & a Peavey LTD....
Also a Session 400 Limited.
Hope this helps
Michael Strange

I STRAND CORRECTED, PEAVEY 400LTD. MICHAEL SOCAL
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

Is this the amp you are talking about? If it is, this is the amp I was referring too. Great steel amp and if in good shape, $400 a fair price.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Jack Hanson

Post by Jack Hanson »

Henry Matthews wrote:Is this the amp you are talking about? If it is, this is the amp I was referring too. Great steel amp and if in good shape, $400 a fair price.
Henry's amp looks exactly like mine. Bought it new about '77. Hated it with the factory JBL, which eventually blew up. It sat for decades until last summer when I pulled the JBL and replaced it with this:
Now, with the exception of the reverb, I love this amp. Sounds just great with a RV-5 or RV-7 and the Black Widow 1501-4.

The correct moniker would be "Peavey LTD. 400." According to the original owner's manual archived in Peavey's web site, it's 200 Watts. Here's a link:
http://assets.peavey.com/literature/man ... 344000.pdf
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

One of the best steel amps ever built. It was basically a narrower Session 400. I had a couple of them, one I bought new in 1980 and kept it until a couple of years ago. Great amps.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.