Peterson Rack Mount Tuner

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roger Foreman

Peterson Rack Mount Tuner

Post by Roger Foreman »

Is anybody using a Peterson Rack Mount tuner and how do you like it?
Eric Philippsen

Post by Eric Philippsen »

I use a Peterson Strobo-Rack when I use a rack system. For a lot of gigs, when I don't use a rack setup, I just use a StroboFlip instead.

The StroboFlip is great and it can be put in-line without any tone coloration or noise problems. You can even program the screen to display or scroll your name or message or whatever. Every tuner is different so you do have to learn how to use it. But the manual, which is also available online, is easy to understand and it doesn't take long to get running with it.

I know I'll take some flak for saying this, but with all its features, bells and whistles and, yes, its high price, it really is the Cadillacof tuners. I was fortunate to find mine used.

If you do a "StroboRack" search of the Forum here you should get some other users' views.
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

I have a stroborack and have been pleased with it. There are a couple of drawbacks IMHO.

1. The display is hard to see unless you are looking right at it. So if your rack is off to the side or not on the same level as your eyes, it can be tricky to read.

2. It is heavy. Extremely well made but does add some pounds to the rack.

Recently I wanted to lighten my load, so I put the rack tuner in my recording studio rack and bought the HD Strobo tuner. While not rack mounted, incredibly easy to read, very accurate and fits in pac seat with no problems.

For great service you can't go wrong with Peterson. They are helpful and courteous and have taken care of my problems very quickly.
Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
Roger Foreman

Post by Roger Foreman »

Thanks for the info i am looking at this tuner very hard
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Roger I have had two Stroboracks for a number of years in my racks and they are outstanding ... I have never had any issues (as mentioned above) of not being able to see the display.. very visible to me.
Another great feature is being able to setup a "queue" of presets that you use regularly ... in my case I have E9th, C6th, Dobro and guitar all setup in the preset queue for easy and quick access ...very handy for instrument changes.

They are built like a tank, hence a little extra weight but they are "feature rich" !!

I use a StroboHD for gigs where I just use an amp on it's own.
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

been using the Stroborack fora few years & am pleased with it
it's a great unit & quite reliable - i've no probs with mine
i programmed both E9 & C6 values for my steel, tuning whether live or not is a breeze
Dave Diehl

Post by Dave Diehl »

Would not be caught out playing without it. I have a couple of them in different rack systems and they have never given me a problem.
Roger Foreman

Post by Roger Foreman »

Thanks for all the reply,s guys this forum is a wea lth of knowledge and kind musicians. I will be on the look out for a stroborack tuner. My best to all of you.