BMI 12 string with half pad $1200 shipped-SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
David Higginbotham

BMI 12 string with half pad $1200 shipped-SOLD

Post by David Higginbotham »

This is an early model BMI 12 string with 5&5 that I purchased awhile back to try a split tuning on. I currently have 4&4 installed on it but also have another pedal and a vertical not currently in the pics. I've been too busy to finish and learn the setup I had in mind so I figure someone could be playing this instead of it sitting in the corner! The original 3 way position single coil in installed and sounds great. It has three outputs at 15K, 19K, and 26K and gives this steel a nice very tone with great sustain. The case is also in excellent condition. I will set up the steel whatever tuning the prospective buyer desires with the available parts. This guitar is a truly amazing sounding steel. I rank it in the top 10 I've had over years and for some reason, better than the other 6 or so BMI's I've had.

When I received the guitar I pulled it completely apart and went thru the changer cleaning and lubing all parts. I also polished out the pedal bar and end plates as well as all other chrome parts. There was an ugly green laminate covering the bottom which I removed sanded and lacquered the natural wood body underneath. $1200 and I will pay shipping in the lower 48. I've attached the link from when I purchased the steel.
Thanks,
Dave
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... hlight=bmi
Last edited by David Higginbotham on 23 Feb 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas Ackron

Post by Nicholas Ackron »

Email sent
Richard Tague

Post by Richard Tague »

I'm interested...PM and email sent.
Richard Tague

Post by Richard Tague »

David, it was nice talking to you on the phone. Thanks for all the info. I look forward to getting this guitar.

Rich
David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

Looks like this one is sold to Rich...Thanks for the emails guys!
Dave