70's MSA 12 String Extended E9th

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Fred Utt

Post by Fred Utt »

For auction on Ebay MSA 12 string 3 floor and 4 knee.
Located in Muncie, In. Local pickup. Will drive up to 100 miles to meet for pickup. More pictures on ebay item # 121275670041 $700.00 reserve!
Fred Utt

Post by Fred Utt »

A picture has been added along with Ebay item number.
The reserve has been revealed to be $700.00
Here is a chance to get a great guitar for a great price! Thanks.
b0b

Post by b0b »

Please remember what it says in the Forum Rules
Use of the Classified Ads section to drive traffic to online auctions (e.g. EBay) is subject to a 2.5% finders fee if the auctioned item is bought by a Forum member.
Thanks.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

something looks "interesting" about this guitar. has it been refinished??
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

That guitar is highly modified.
<b>Rick Johnson Cabinets<b>
<b>Brand X Custom Fiber Cases</b>
<b> John Pearse Thumb Picks, Bars and Strings</b>
"Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent."

— Steve Martin
Thiel Hatt

Post by Thiel Hatt »

The fretboard is a Mullen.
Bill Hatcher

Post by Bill Hatcher »

Bob Knight wrote:That guitar is highly modified.
is that a good or a bad thing?? ;-)
Fred Utt

Post by Fred Utt »

This is how the guitar looked when I bought it a couple of years ago. I call it an MSA because 90% of the hardware is MSA. I did install the Wallace Truetone Pickup and the Mullen fretboard. I have played it out for two years and it is a very nice guitar. I just bought a much newer Williams universal
12 and I don't need this one any more. It is well worth the $700.00 reserve price and I hoping it goes
for much more. Thanks for looking.
Fred Utt

12 String MSA ebay auction ends Sunday Don't Miss Out!!

Post by Fred Utt »

The auction on this pretty guitar ends Sunday Night,
It could be bought for as little as $700.00 depending on the bids. I will be in Nashville the first week of March. If anyone in that area wins the auction I can deliver it to them. Thanks
Richard Tague

Post by Richard Tague »

If you were willing to ship, I'd bid on it. But, I'm 100 miles past your, "will travel up to 100 miles to meet." :?
Fred Utt

Post by Fred Utt »

Richard,
Sorry, the last time I shipped I had problems and it
turned into a big hassle. I'm hoping to have enough
bidders that are willing to drive some to get a good deal. Thanks for looking.
Al Vesel

FYI on possibility of shipping the guitar.

Post by Al Vesel »

Fred,
You can bring it to a UPS store and tell them to pack it. They charge for it, but at least they have the "Pack and Pay Promise" agreeement that they have signed with UPS. It states that if the item shipped sustains damage or gets destroyed or lost during shipping and if they packed it, they pay the claim-no quesitons asked, leaving all liability in their hands and none in yours. So all you have to do is to put it in your vehicle & drive it there. They'll pack it. Shipping will be more expensive than if you packed it yourself, but I think you'd get a lot more bids if you offered than option. And, of course, you would be passing that freight cost onto the buyer, anyway.

As far as I know the UPS Stores are the only ones that UPS has signed this agreement with. Make sure that the UPS Store you bring it to has signed that "Pack & Pay Promise" agreeement with UPS. Most stores have signed it, but there are a few that have not.

A lot of people are under the assumption that the UPS Stores are part of UPS. They are not. They are a private corporation that ships for UPS and also Fedex I believe and others. Therefore their rates are higher. I have been informed by a UPS Store exec. that they make their major profit on shipping from the freight insurance. Their insurance is almost 3 times higher than if you were to ship it from a UPS hub.

Just food for thought.

Al
Last edited by Al Vesel on 23 Feb 2014 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Fred Utt

Post by Fred Utt »

Al,
Thanks for the info but the auction ends tonight and Iv'e already reached my reserve price. I don't want to charge for shipping and I don't want to pay for it either. Thanks for looking.
Fred Utt

70's MSA auction ends tonight DON'T MISS OUT

Post by Fred Utt »

This auction ends 9:00pm ET. Last chance to get a nice guitar! Thanks to all who have been watching.
Al Vesel

Shipping

Post by Al Vesel »

Fred,

You wouldn't be paying for it anyway. You would be passing along the freight cost to the cusomter. You can add the freight cost into the add. I don't believe there is a time frame on changing the details of the add, including changing the freight to a dollare amount.

I do understand if you do not want to. But for future reference if you sell anything else, it doesn't cost you anything to bring it to the UPS Store other than gas and they'll do everything else and the freight warranty will fall on them if there is freight damage.

Just FYI Fred,

Al
Emmons LeGrande SKH D-10 - WALKER STEREO STEEL AMP w JBL ENCLOSURES & TC ELECTRONICS M-ONE XL PROCESSOR, HILTON VP,FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER, SARNO's Steel Guitar BLACK BOX,BJS,ToneMaster bars,FENDER Strat, FENDER & Ovation acoustic's
Fred Utt

Please Close ITEM SOLD! Finders Fee on the Way

Post by Fred Utt »

Item has sold. Thanks to all who looked.