Southwestern Steel Guitar show Phoenix

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jim Horan

Southwestern Steel Guitar show Phoenix

Post by Jim Horan »

Any info on show? When and where to buy tickets.
Joe Naylor

going to put it under events on its own too

Post by Joe Naylor »

11th Annual Southwestern Steel Guitar Show
January 16-18, 2014

at the Sheraton Cresent Hotel and Convention Center, Phoenix, AZ

Hotel direct number is 602-943-8200 and ask for the Southwestern Steel Guitar Association discount

See our web site www.swsteelguitar.com

2013 SWSGA Annual Show Ticket Prices:

"As members, if you prepay your entry tickets you will save $15.00. Member prepaid is $60.00 and non-members is $65.00. Tickets at the show will be $25.00 for each day or $75 for all 3 days.
Please send your check to: SWSGA, PO Box 1129, Globe, AZ 85502, before January 10, 2014. Your badge will be ready for you to pick up at the registration desk."

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Joe Naylor

same price as last year

Post by Joe Naylor »

Show prices for 2014 same as 2013

Hope to see everyone there

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP
Jim Horan

southwestern steel guitar show

Post by Jim Horan »

Thanks Joe, Got reservations and ready to go. Looking forward to attending, Jim
Joe Naylor

Great

Post by Joe Naylor »

We had a big jam yesterday and a board of directors meeting about the show.

Great news we have signed contracts for the seam location and same weekend through 2016.

We have lots of great players committed and several more that are checking or changing their schedules and are 99% committed.

Several siminars - Saturday there will be a non-pedal siminar followed by a non-pedal show going on at the same time the main stage is going on.

We go from 9 AM to Midnight all 3 days and more info will be coming out soon.

We also have lots of great raffle items plus silent action items and lots of great vendors committed.

Lookin' forward to it.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

Looking forward to it Joe!
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Lookin' forward to it!!
DESERT ROSE D-10 8/5...Joe Naylor "SteelSeat"...
Gallien-Krueger MB200 amplifier through an Alessis MicroVerb w/15'Peavey cab.
TELES & STRATS...
FENDER TWIN & SEYMOUR DUNCAN 50W tube amps...1-12" 2-12" & 4-12" cabs and a FENDER MUSTANG-3
Joe Naylor

getting close

Post by Joe Naylor »

Getting close only a few weeks - today is Dec 2nd.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Larry Toliver

Post by Larry Toliver »

Hey Joe,
Denny called me and I will be teaching a C6th Seminar on Saturday morning. I'll post it on the forum and Kacey and I are looking forward to playing again. It should be a blast as always. See you there!
Larry Toliver
Chuck S. Lettes

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

Looking forward to another steel guitar weekend in Phoenix. Lots of snow here in Denver today.
Chuck
Dale Thomas

Az

Post by Dale Thomas »

Yes Chuck, I'm freezing my ### off with zero degrees here in Iowa. I'll see you in
AZ,,we can get thawed out. Fingers might work again. Dale
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

Going to try to be there, should be fun!
Tom Gorr

Re: Az

Post by Tom Gorr »

Dale Thomas wrote:Yes Chuck, I'm freezing my ### off with zero degrees here in Iowa. I'll see you in
AZ,,we can get thawed out. Fingers might work again. Dale

It was -58F with wind chill here a few days ago. Thank goodness the power didn't go out.

Count me as a tentative...need to find a good herd-sitter while I'm gone.
Joe Naylor

Just a question???

Post by Joe Naylor »

And you guys live there why????? I could not resist but it is cold here for us but 100 "warmer than Tom" 42 this AM but it will warm up soon.

Sorry they got me "up north once" and that was 3 1/2 long winters.

:D Happy to be in Phoenix :D

Joe
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Joe,Is there some sorta shuttle bus from the airport that I can catch?
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Joe Naylor

Yes

Post by Joe Naylor »

The short answer is YES but I will get back to you on the details.

Please email me your arrival info on my private email.

Thanks I will put more on the forum when details are all work out.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com joe.naylor@att.net
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Joe,will do!Thanks my friend! ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Joe Naylor

Things are shaping up

Post by Joe Naylor »

We can still use some sponsorships - if you know of anyone that might want to be a sponsor they can email me for the info.

If you want that is great. We have several levels and many levels come with tickets to the show.

my email is joe.naylor@att.net

Yes we have corporate sponsors like Gretsch. They have donated a lot of equipment and "swag" - and we have personal sponsors that make a donation in memory of someone - plus some that simply donate to help out. Remember we are an Arizona Not-for-profit organization so the donation is 100% deductible.

Thanks for your consideration

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

A bump for the SWSGA. Looking forward to another fun filled weekend in Phoenix!
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
Doug Childress

Post by Doug Childress »

It's going to be another great show. The SWSGA show is becoming one of the premier shows on the Steel Convention circuit. I have had the pleasure of attending the very first show when Hal Rugg, Jeff Newman and others kicked this thing off with the help of the folks who are keeping it going. I have not missed a show since. This show not only gets the best pickers from the rest of the USA but includes players from the west coast that are not seen too far east. I will be working with John Hench again this year doing monitor mixing for the stage. I get a ring side seat and enjoy every minute of it.

Looking forward to seeing YOU this year in Phoenix.
Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

Doug, you are right on!! We appreciate all the help you have been to us since day 1. It will, indeed, be a great show. You will not want to miss this one!

Billy and Meriul Easton
Billy & Meriul Easton
Nashville, TN
Earnest Bovine

Post by Earnest Bovine »

I need some ideas for what to play in my part of the show. (something off the beaten path)
Garry Vanderlinde

got belly dancers

Post by Garry Vanderlinde »

How about something exotic like King Paris plays.
Earnest Bovine

Post by Earnest Bovine »

King WHO?
Earnest Bovine

Post by Earnest Bovine »

Psychedelic!