I need to know about my reverb

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Frank Parish

I need to know about my reverb

Post by Frank Parish »

The reverb in this old Peavey LTD went out and this is a 79 model. I can't even get the tank out of the vinyl cover to see what it is or find a number so I figured somebody here would know which one I need to order. The amp has taken a couple of spills in the last week with me rushing in and out of the bars downtown and trying to roll this thing down the sidewalk with my seat on top is really not working out at all! I'm not an electrician but by looking at the plug in ends they are pretty fried and worn out so instead of my feeble attempt at soldering I'd just order a new tank and maybe find one with better reverb, maybe one with 3 springs instead of 2. So does anybody here know the one I need? I've got the Accutronics website open and don't see anything on there to help with my search and it's Sunday so no need to call. You can respond here or just send it to me in my email. Thanks!
Frank Parish

Post by Frank Parish »

After messing around with this thing for a while it's back to working but like it did before it will sound off when the amp is just budged and I can do without that. Typical Peavey reverb which for the most part is ok cause I don't use much but don't want it bone dry either. Still waiting for a reply here soon!
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

Peavey original spec calls for 4EB2C1B

Although it might sound a little richer if you change the 4 to a 9, if I recall the codes right. The 2 in the middle refers to the decay. I'd also have the temptation to change that to a 3. 1 is short, 2 is medium and 3 is long.
Last edited by Lane Gray on 23 Dec 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Howard Parker

Post by Howard Parker »

May also be the connectors.

h
Howard Parker

03\' Carter D-10
70\'s Dekley D-10
52\' Fender Custom
Many guitars by Paul Beard
Listowner Resoguit-L
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

If you don't trust your soldering, take it to an amp tech, like your local guitar store.
Shouldn't take long or much money.
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

It sounds like your current problem is with the connectors, as Howard mentioned. If you do choose to replace I would concur with Lane and order a 3-spring, long decay tank, P/N 9EB3C1B
Steve Allison

Post by Steve Allison »

And by all means stop rolling your amp! It will shake everything in it all to pieces!
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Lane Gray wrote: The 2 in the middle refers to the delay. I'd also have the temptation to change that to a 3. 1 is short, 2 is medium and 3 is long.
For my clarity, is that a typo---did you mean decay?

I love pre-delay with reverb, when available in a patch, as an anti-mud prodedure but it would surprise me if it were a feature of the tank. So I assume we are talking about decay.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

Indeed, Jon. I meant decay, there's no delay in the tank, just two transducers and a few springs.
But I knew that. Derrr.
Dave Grafe

Post by Dave Grafe »

...although the longer decay tank does have a longer pre-delay than the medium decay one...
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

Steve Allison wrote:And by all means stop rolling your amp! It will shake everything in it all to pieces!
A hand truck will make your gear and your back last much longer.They'll both thank you! 8)
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

or simply replace it a stomp box and be done w the crash :)
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Dave Hopping wrote:
Steve Allison wrote:And by all means stop rolling your amp! It will shake everything in it all to pieces!
A hand truck will make your gear and your back last much longer.They'll both thank you! 8)
And if it is one that can turn into a cart (like the 2 I have), you can usually get everything in one load. I can put my guitar down on it and place my amdp, pak-a-seat, brief case and amp stand on it. That is everything I have to haul to a gig, so it works our great.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Jim O. Underwood

Reverb

Post by Jim O. Underwood »

I have a LTD and the reverb tank was missing when I got it.Never replaced it....I use an RV3. it sounds great and I never have to worry about the spring reverb crashing because the floor isn't solid enough or someone bumped the amp.....