Got my NEW Mullen Royal Precision Today!!!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jeff Metz Jr.

Got my NEW Mullen Royal Precision Today!!!

Post by Jeff Metz Jr. »

My oh MY!
I had high expectations for this guitar and Del really outdid them!
This thing has tone to the bone! Its apparent immediately even before I plugged her in!
This is such fine craftsmanship that its amazing they can even sell guitars this good as cheap as they do! Thumbs up Del for a great instrument! THank you Jerry Berger for Jumping through all those hoops in order to make the sale to me! Ps. Thanks for the Free Shirt! Fits and all.
-Jeff
Mullen G2 SD10 , Lil Izzy Buffer, Goodrich 120 volume pedal, Boss DD-7, Peterson Strobo flip, Peavey Nashville 112
Tom Gorr

Post by Tom Gorr »

The forum rules state that you can't brag about new gear without posting pictures.

;).

Congrats
Jerry Berger

Jeff's New Mulen

Post by Jerry Berger »

I have a few pics of Jeff's (almost) new Mullen since I am the one that sold it to him.

Last edited by Jerry Berger on 20 Dec 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i guess the royal precision didn't have split-tuning? did that start with the G2?
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Tunable splits in the end of the neck started with the G2. You can do splits on the RP, but with additional pull rods.
Jeff Metz Jr.

Post by Jeff Metz Jr. »

Thanks Jerry for Posting PIcs! Although they don't do this guitar justice (and they're awesome pics) but thats just how cool this guitar is.
I tuned her up today in 3 minutes flat!
If you think that you can't get an amazing tone from an all pull guitar you are (as I was for far too long) believing too much of the hype.
This thing has growl, sustain, warmth, and clarity! I'll admit that it is not as crystal clear once entering the Hughey domain but its not far from it.
I'm in love.
Mullen G2 SD10 , Lil Izzy Buffer, Goodrich 120 volume pedal, Boss DD-7, Peterson Strobo flip, Peavey Nashville 112
Mike Mantey

Post by Mike Mantey »

Glad you like your guitar Jeff.
This thing has growl, sustain, warmth, and clarity! I'll admit that it is not as crystal clear once entering the Hughey domain but its not far from it.
I'm in love
This was one of the driving factors for the G2. Hughey Land is blown away. One day you can move up again. Very nice looking guitar you have. Welcome to the Mullen Family.
Jeff Metz Jr.

Post by Jeff Metz Jr. »

Thanks Mike,
I definitely see a G2 In my future! Even though I don't see how you could top this lil machine!
Tom Lulias

mullen

Post by Tom Lulias »

Keep your PP.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i'd say learn to play, but since you're already advertising for a road gig i guess you've got it down already.
Lee Dassow

Post by Lee Dassow »

Nice guitar Jeff. Those Changer fingers are all standing up straight as a die. Quality machine work.
Good luck with it. Tennessee Lee
Last edited by Lee Dassow on 15 Jan 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,
Gary Lee Gimble

Post by Gary Lee Gimble »

Confucius say.....err Quipper Ivey said.... :lol:
chris ivey wrote:i'd say learn to play, but since you're already advertising for a road gig i guess you've got it down already.
Stephen R. Feldman

What he said...

Post by Stephen R. Feldman »

And listen to any one of
Gary's video's...Monster player...
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

one of the best guitars there is...

Db
Rick Holden

Mullen on the way

Post by Rick Holden »

I have one on the way! Can't wait to get it! Glad to hear the sound quality is awesome.
Mullen RP SD-10, Mullen G2 SD-10, Peavey Nashville 112, Telonics Combo Amp, Telonics FP100 VP,
Vintage National Lapsteel, Peterson Flip Strobe,Gretsch Renown Drums