Austin Steel Guitar Co-op December 15th... Christmas Party!

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Stephen Cowell

Austin Steel Guitar Co-op December 15th... Christmas Party!

Post by Stephen Cowell »

We are on for Sunday, December 15th at our usual place:

290 West Club
12013 U.S. 290W
Austin, TX 78737
(512) 288-0808

... and back at our usual time, downbeat at 2:00pm.

At this time we don't have a featured artist... if you'd like to be featured, please let me know (email via Forum is best)... otherwise, we just jam, which is fun too.

We will have party trays, smorgasbord-style... so free nosh! The excellent grill will be available as always.

So come out and celebrate the holidays with us... it's been a great year, here's hoping for more of the same in 2014! And thanks to the Forum and b0b/moderators for all they do... what a wonderful resource.
Last edited by Stephen Cowell on 27 Nov 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

So after consultation among the members we've decided that a) we'll make it more of a smorgasbord-type party, so no RSVP and no money required, and b) we'll put the food out early, so folks can nosh during the sets. I'll edit the post above to reflect this. Happy Thanksgiving from ASGC!
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Dave Goodman

Austin Steel Guitar Co-Op

Post by Dave Goodman »

I plan to be there again. Always a great time.
Rose Sinclair

Post by Rose Sinclair »

Planning to be there to jam and nosh with my steel buddies. The excellent house band will be there, too: Charlie Irwin-bass, Jerry Don Motley-guitar, and Ron Erwin-drums.
Rose Sinclair

Post by Rose Sinclair »

TTT
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

OK, time to sort out who's bringing what... Chuck Interrante has agreed to bring plates/utensils/napkins... his SO Mary is bringing a dessert (CC cookies? I hope!).

Whatever else is not signed up for by Saturday I'm bringing... so help me out, folks... Herb, are you really bringing lutefisk? I'll need lots of eggnog to wash that down with!
Billy Gilbert

Christmas Party

Post by Billy Gilbert »

I will try to be there if I'm up to it. The flu bug has been after me. Billy
Brett Barton

Post by Brett Barton »

I am planning to join. This will be my first time attending as I am fairly new to the area(San Marcos). Do I need to bring anything? I'm looking forward to meeting you all.
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Brett Barton wrote:I am planning to join. This will be my first time attending as I am fairly new to the area(San Marcos). Do I need to bring anything? I'm looking forward to meeting you all.
Brett, you don't have to bring anything at all... but we hope you'll bring a guitar at least, and jam. If you do plan to bring something (vegetable/dip plate?) let me know and I'll cross it off the list... and I'm looking forward to meeting you, too.
Joe Rouse

Dec. 15

Post by Joe Rouse »

I'm still planning to be there...jr
Rusty Wilson

Wish I could be there!

Post by Rusty Wilson »

I wish I could make it, but I am tied up Sunday. I promoted your event on the SASGA Facebook page though. Hopefully you have a good turn-out. I KNOW there will be good music!
- Rusty Wilson

1996 Carter D-10 8x8
Highway One Fender Telecaster w/ Hip Shot B-Bender
Fender Nashville Deluxe Power Telecaster
Roland Cube 80X and Cube 60
Peavey Classic 50 (4x10)
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Rusty, sorry to hear you can't make it... have a Merry Christmas and we'll see you in the new year.

Brett Barton has responded to my subtle arm-twisting to bring a veggie plate... here's our current list:

Herb - chips/dips
Brett - veg/dip
Chuck - plates etc
Chuck GF - dessert
Jerry Don - TBD
Me - spiral ham, cheese, bread, crackers, eggnog

The bar will supply soda/beer/liquor for sale.

I'm closing this list at 2pm... anyone else in? Planning on at least fifteen now. Musicians without day jobs should not bring anything unless they're Hall Of Famers (thanks, Herb). Let's party!
Kenny Piper

Post by Kenny Piper »

Stephen, what a wonderful time Jorja and myself had listening to ya'll and enjoying ya'lls hospitality. Stephen, I will get it right in the near future on the start times when I come back. Want to wish you, Rose, Herb, and the Austin players a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Rose Sinclair

Post by Rose Sinclair »

Kenny-
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Jorja, too. Thanks for making the trip to hang out with our steel club! Bring your ax next time!
-Rose
:)
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

Many thanks to all that attended... we had many new folks, some from way out of town, show up... always good to see new faces!

We had so much fun, I only got one picture of the whole thing... it shows a brace of Emmonses with Adam Przybyla, Bob Hoffnar, and Herb Steiner... I think they were playing Tennessee Waltz. Rose Sinclair, Chuck Interrante, Chris Beirne and I were on the other side of the room with our lap steels. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas... we're working on January right now with Dale Thomas, scheduled for the 12th to allow folks to attend SWGSA/Phoenix... more later!

Rose Sinclair

Post by Rose Sinclair »

Herb Steiner played a beautiful rendition of "I'll Be Home for Christmas."