1971 Sho-Bud model 6139 (Pro 1) 3+4

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Aaron Goldstein

1971 Sho-Bud model 6139 (Pro 1) 3+4

Post by Aaron Goldstein »

This is a 1971 Sho-Bud model 6139, the precursor to the Pro-1.

- Purchased in a pawn shop in PA as a 3-and-1 rack-and-barrel guitar
- Brought guitar back up to Toronto with me and had three additional knees installed by Al Brisco, parts from James Moorehead. Parts match what was already there i.e. racks, barrels, teardrop levers
- Also had Al drill the pedal bar to allow for sliding plates to attach to front legs (as opposed to the old wingnut method). Al also tuned up the guitar at this time.
- Lots of visible birdseye on this beautiful guitar. I don't think it got a lot of use in the years before I bought it.
- Original pickup, pots, switch and wiring all look and perform as new
- I am including the original case in excellent condition; a Sho-Bud volume pedal in good condition except for a hole drilled in the top for some reason; and a little notebook belonging to the original owner that also came with the guitar.

Copedant:
Emmons pedals
LKL raises E's
LKR lowers E's
RKL raises 1, 2 and 7
RKR lowers 2 and 9

I'm asking a little more than these usually go for. I find you can never be sure what condition these rack and barrel guitars will be in. This guitar sports a substantial number of brand new period-correct parts, installed and tuned by a professional, and the pedal bar attachment upgrade is a big one for these guitars as well. Sho-Bud volume pedal included as well. Between the guitar, the upgrades and the volume pedal, I have $1900 into this guitar, and that's before I ship and pay the forum fee.

I'm asking $2000 shipped in North America.
Pickup in Toronto, deduct $100.
Don't want the volume pedal, deduct $100.

Thanks for looking!

Updates from the road on Twitter
Traveling with Daniel Romano and his Trilliums Band
Custom '15 Show-Pro
'76 Sho-Bud LDG
Traynor YGM3s w EPS15s
Gavin Dunn

Post by Gavin Dunn »

Hey Aaron, was just perusing the for sale section and came across your ad. Thought I'd say hi and give you a bump up at the same time. Nice hearing you play in T.O. Last week,
wasn't entirely thrilled about heading back to winter on the prairies. Hopefully catch you again in your part of the country.
Till then.
Aaron Goldstein

Cheers Gavin, good to run into ya again.

Bumpin up this guitar.
Custom '15 Show-Pro
'76 Sho-Bud LDG
Traynor YGM3s w EPS15s
Bob Poole

ShoBud

Post by Bob Poole »

Brings back memories...Looks exactly like my first steel in 1975.I traded an early Marshall 412 spkr cabinet & $150 for it.Just two knee levers on mine.Played it for two years.It served me well.I was playing thru a Black Panel Vibrolux @ first,then a Silver Face Twin Reverb...beautiful tone.Someone's going to be pretty happy,i'll bet.
Chris Boyd

Post by Chris Boyd »

Great guitar..I had one in the 70's... Thanksgiving Day bump! :D
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

A bump for a real sleeper--this guitar is worth every penny Aaron is asking. These singleneck roundfront 'buds are tone monsters.

One critique, ditch the sliders on the pedal bar--the bolt through the leg with wing nut is a much better/stable system. And on this guitar, it's easy to go back to.
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"~old cowboy proverb.
shobud@windstream.net
Aaron Goldstein

James, looks like your bump did it, because this guitar is now SOLD and headed to VA. So thank you for that! And b0b I've just PayPal'd a donation to you. Thanks all.
Custom '15 Show-Pro
'76 Sho-Bud LDG
Traynor YGM3s w EPS15s
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Hopefully, the new proud owner will enjoy this fine instrument the way I have enjoyed this particular model myself. I have owned several of these guitars, not a one of them was a slouch, a real, under estimated sleeper. :)
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"~old cowboy proverb.
shobud@windstream.net