Goodrich L10K Buffered Out and Passive out??

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Josh Engle

Goodrich L10K Buffered Out and Passive out??

Post by Josh Engle »

I am just wondering if it is possible to mod my L10k to have the option of having one output work with the buffered signal and one output be passive by eliminating the buffered circuit. Any help would be appreciated.
Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

It's probably not worth the time and effort. Firstly, you can't use the (stock) 10-k pot as a passive control, as the value is far too low. Secondly, changing the pot to a far higher value (the type required for efficient passive use) may affect the taper, or "feel" of the buffered circuit. It would be a bummer to go through changing the pot, drilling the pedal to add a switch, rewiring it, and then discovering that what resulted wasn't what you were expecting.

All IMHO, of course. ;-)
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

I was told by Ollie Goodrich that you can use a 500k pot in the 10k pedal w/o any undesirable consequences (your results may vary :) ).
Josh Engle

Post by Josh Engle »

Thank you Donny and Jim for your replies. My pedal has a 500k pot from the factory. I am looking to see if it is possible to achieve this with the wiring. I may just have to contact Goodrich and see if they can do this.
Olli Haavisto

Post by Olli Haavisto »

Isn`t a stereo pot essentially two pots in one?
If you can find one with the right specs it should be easy to do....
Olli Haavisto
Finland