need emmons help!

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

My comment wasn't meant to be a diss on your informative post. Just that the original issue is apparently still unresolved.

I go way back with Emmons, from my 71PP, to working at a music store that was an Emmons dealer (Little Roy Wiggins' "Music City" in Nashville) to working at the Emmons Guitar Co booth at the first Fan Fair in 72.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
David Collins

Post by David Collins »

Jack,no offense taken, and none meant.
David Collins
www.chjoyce.com
Shawn Sprouse

Post by Shawn Sprouse »

David thanks so much for checking Emmons out. I sure appreciate you taking the time to do so. Are they working from his house now? I heard they sold the building. Also I finally got through to Ron on Monday and he told me my guitar was all but finished. He was waiting on a couple cross rods. after all the tails I heard from him, then admitting that he hadn't even started the guitar as of May, I feel like the " all but done" is bovine-scatology! Did you see a midnight blue LG III being built? If so it is mine.....I hope. I did tell him, he had 2 weeks to have the guitar ready to ship or I wanted my money back.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

and what did he say about that?
David Collins

Post by David Collins »

They were working in the Factory Building, not a house. I saw 2 black guitars, however, I did not see every possible workbench, so I can neither confirm nor deny a midnight blue in progress. Sorry.
David Collins
www.chjoyce.com
Shawn Sprouse

Post by Shawn Sprouse »

Chris, he was saying that another shop was pretty good about getting the parts to him in about a week. I said, I'm through! In 2 weeks I wanted the guitar ready to ship or the money back. Because he was already over a year past the promise date, that they put on my invoice. He was really quiet for a couple minutes. I didn't say anymore and it was so quiet I thought he hung up the phone. Finally he said, I understand. That is where we left it.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i almost feel sorry for the guy, but not really.
i do feel sorry for you and the other people who have had to wait and can't get satisfactory answers.
i would be pissed.
Gary Roda

Post by Gary Roda »

Uncomfortable reading, this thread. It's not the first sad Emmons story we've seen on this forum, and one wonders about the future of this great marque. After many years in sales, I consider this the golden rule of the sales game: never promise what you can't deliver. If you promise a delivery date and beat it, you're a hero; fail to meet it and you will lose credibility you may never regain.

Last year I sent and email inquiry to Emmons and was pleased to receive a personal reply from Ron Jr.the next day. At least in that that case, communications were working the way they should be in a business situation. But there have been so many stories like this... it's just a damn shame, IMHO.
'87 Emmons LeGrande SD10 (4x5), '97 Carter D10 (8x5), Quilter Steelaire, '89 Nashville 400, Cube 80XL, Steeler's Choice Easy Rider, lotsa cool memories
Gary Roda

Post by Gary Roda »

Uncomfortable reading, this thread. It's not the first sad Emmons story we've seen on this forum, and one wonders about the future of this great marque. After many years in sales, I consider this the golden rule of the sales game: never promise what you can't deliver. If you promise a delivery date and beat it, you're a hero; fail to meet it and you will lose credibility you may never regain.

Last year I sent and email inquiry to Emmons and was pleased to receive a personal reply from Ron Jr.the next day. At least in that that case, communications were working the way they should be in a business situation. But there have been so many stories like this... it's just a damn shame, IMHO.
'87 Emmons LeGrande SD10 (4x5), '97 Carter D10 (8x5), Quilter Steelaire, '89 Nashville 400, Cube 80XL, Steeler's Choice Easy Rider, lotsa cool memories
Bob Poole

Still There

Post by Bob Poole »

336-437-2785 new number.
Bill Bailey

Emmons

Post by Bill Bailey »

:) I am glad to find this thread, I wish the best for EMMONS Guitars, the LASHLEY family and all who are waiting for answers or guitars. Thanks David for going the extra mile!
Bill Bailey
Kingman Arizona
2014 Mullen G2 D 10 8+5 Black
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.