MASGA Jam at China Grove NC

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Michael Calaway

MASGA Jam at China Grove NC

Post by Michael Calaway »

MASGA Jam sponsored by E.R. Chandler and Kevin Robbins,
August 3, 2013 at the:
Kannapolis Moose Lodge
Old Beatty Ford Road
China Grove, NC

DIRECTIONS TO EVENT: For those that will be headed south on Rt.85 towards Kannapolis NC. Take exit #68. Go through two stoplights then 1 flashing light, then turn left at the next stoplight onto Old Beatty Ford Road. Go approximately 1 mile, the Moose Lodge will be on the left.

DIRECTIONS TO EVENT: For people that will be headed North on Rt. 85 towards Kannapolis NC. Take exit #58, this will put you on Rt29 north. Go approximately 7 miles (through Kannapolis) until you see the Landis city limit sign. Go another 1/2 mile until you come to a stoplight and turn right on Old Beatty Ford Road. Go approximately 1 mile, the Moose Lodge will be on the left.

FOOD--Great food will be made available on premises.

ECONO LODGE 704-786-3100
3100 Cloverleaf Parkway
Kannapolis, NC
Check the motel for special MASGA rates.

There is no membership dues. Anyone coming to our events can join at no charge meaning they can vote and receive promos (mailers, emails). With regular admission they can attend, perform, and offer their products at the events. Admission for the jams is set at $15.00 per person, $25.00 per couple, children under 16 yrs free.

SCHEDULE
Registration at 9am,
Performers with tracks at 10am
The band starts at 12 noon.

Our band for this jam is:
Jim Hartley-Drums
Bob Strickland-Guitar
Wayne Smith--Bass

All levels of players are welcome as well as those who enjoy the unique sound or the "Steel Guitar". _________________________

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Mike Calaway, Secretary/Treasure
Last edited by Michael Calaway on 19 Jul 2013 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

Mike,

I plan on being there. Do I have to learn new songs? Just kidding!
Past Secretary/President, MASGA
Mullen U12 (2004)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Allen Howington

Mid-Atlantic Steel Guitar Convention

Post by Allen Howington »

I really hope to see all the past (and new) steel players and steel enthusiast at our Aug 3rd jam. E.R. Chandler, Kevin Robbins, Mike Calaway, and all the others that have worked so hard to provide us a place to play our music, socialize with our musical friends, and just have some good old Saturday fun together. Everyone come and bring a friend and lets fill the "house-up" with steel guitars, and steel guitar fellowship. Please add your name to the list (as Glen did), the more that sign up makes it even more appetizing for the others to come and join us.

Allen Howington
2013 MASGA President
Johnny Howington
2013 MASGA Vice-President
Evan Rose

Post by Evan Rose »

planning to be there, so long as work does not interfere.......looking forward to seeing ya'll!!! and picking a tune!!
"Strayhorn Era" 1998 LeGrande III D-10 8x6, Nashville 400, Mexican Tele, and several Martins.....
Ollin Landers

Post by Ollin Landers »

I am making plans to be there. Missed the last one due to health problems don't want to miss this one.
Ray Thomas

Jam

Post by Ray Thomas »

Looking fwd to being there, sorry, no new songs, leave that up to Glen.
Ray Thomas
Livesteel Strings Dealer
Call 919-920-5482
Text rayssteel@gmail.com or email
Arnett Mills

Post by Arnett Mills »

I'm planning on being there,Lord willing, Looking foward to seeing all my steel guitar buddies.
God bless you all
Love Arnett
Allen Howington

MASGA jam

Okay, who needs to sign-up? We want everybody that has every attended one of these jams to be there for this one, you never know who might show-up!!!
Jack Strayhorn

Post by Jack Strayhorn »

Would love to come but duty calls that weekend.
Sid Hudson

Re: MASGA jam

Post by Sid Hudson »

Allen Howington wrote:Okay, who needs to sign-up? We want everybody that has every attended one of these jams to be there for this one, you never know who might show-up!!!
Yes sir Sargent! Sign me up.
Allen Howington

Secret

Gosh Sid, you gave away my secret--"you never know who might show up"!

Glad to hear you can make it, I can't wait to hear that "Hemi" Emmons.

Steel buddy,

Allen
Glen E. Lanning

Post by Glen E. Lanning »

Sid, Will you have your new CD with you? If so, put my name on one. Thanks
Past Secretary/President, MASGA
Mullen U12 (2004)
ShoBud Professional (1970)D10 8/4
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112
Allen Howington

Jam

Okay,
Only one week to go, need more to sign up, come on lets fill the house up.

Allen
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Guys I won't be able to make this one I have to stick by Home as I have a weak Heart and the DR. are trying to get it built up as I had a Stent put in two weeks before we moved to florida and I have two blockages at 20% and one at 30% and a small artery off the one they put the stent in that is 80% and they said it is not life threatening.It will either Block and another will take over or it will open up with the Diet I'm on and medication.Have fun and I'll Miss seeing evryone and being there.I would love to show off this Steel I have that Ray Walker and Jack Palmer built.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Allen Howington

Ttt

TTT for a great weekend coming up for MASGA.
Billy J Barbour

steel guitar

Post by Billy J Barbour »

Allen wish I could be there but I Will be playing a show that night hope you have a full house buddy.
Billy J Barbour, Derby SD10 steel, Nashville 400 with 15. Rains D10 and a walker seat
Johnny Howington

Hello

Post by Johnny Howington »

Hello to all! I'm sorry I can't be at this jam. My wife's birthday and her grandson's birthday on Friday and Saturday so I need to be with them. I love all you guys and wish I could be there to personally thank you for all the prayers and support during the sickness and recent death of our Father. He always loved to go with us to this event as well as his wife Mrs. Beulah! Sure gonna miss them and miss being at this jam. Please continue to remember me and my family in your prayers. Please tell Mr. Arnett Mills that this does not mean I'm giving up my spot beside him at the next jam!! Maybe I will have time to learn a few new songs by then as well! Hope to see you all again soon!!
Allen Howington

Ttt

Only three days until the big event, hope everyone can make it. Drive safe, and lets have a great jam.

Allen Howington
Randy Gilliam

China Grove!

Post by Randy Gilliam »

Allen I Live in China Grove , Wait That's Texas I Mean, Have a Great Jam, Sid will be on Fire! Randy G. :lol:
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Randy Sid Hudson is always on fire and is one of the best i have aver heard. Go Get them SID
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
John Swain

Post by John Swain »

I'm coming with my "new" 93 Legrande D10 fresh out of Billy Knowles shop..It sings..JS
Wayne F. Smith

Show

Post by Wayne F. Smith »

Looking forward to a great time at the show. I have never been to this one. Good to see some old friends. Hey Sid.........Wayne
Mule Ferguson

Post by Mule Ferguson »

Emmons La Grande D10, Zum Encore, Multicord,Marlen S10 1972, Nashville 112, Evans HVP #2, Peavey Profex ll, Martin, Merle Travis D28M Bigsby Neck.
D28 Henderson, Dobro and Tut Bro. Fender Tele, Stelling Stagehorn Banjo
Allen Howington

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to E.R., Kevin, and all the great pickers that came out last Saturday to the MASGA jam. Also a great big thank you to all the "listeners" and "guest" that came out to support our cause, without you there would be no show or jam. What a great band we had with Bob, Jim, and Wayne. Don't forget to go out this coming weekend to Belvedere SC and enjoy these guys steel guitar jam as well. See everyone next time!

Allen
Jack Strayhorn

Post by Jack Strayhorn »

Well, the young man can sing and Mike C. sounding good on that Emmons. Wish I could have been there to hear in person.