No interest, selling locally, pls close

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Keith Bolog

No interest, selling locally, pls close

Post by Keith Bolog »

Mitchell Custom D10 7x4. $900

Mitchell Custom D10 7x4. Made in Smyrna TN. Not much info available on these. This all-pull was a pro guitar in its day. Pedals are tuned with stop screws. Since I only worked up the E9 neck, and left the C6 with its non-standard copedent, Im offering as a beginner. You should have long, skinny legs to operate these KLs.

The guitar is well used. To quote my friend Paul “That thing is a mess” but it only looks that way its not that bad. I spent a lot of time switching from Day setup to more normal Emmons copedent. The body has paint chips and the mechanicals have wear. There is no case – it doesn’t fit into anything because its at least an inch bigger in every direction that any other steel Ive seen. I traded Beckner for a custom case still waiting to hear from him.

Those are the negatives. Now then it has quite a lot of aluminum parts including cross shafts and pivots, legs, all pull rods, and changer so its one of the lightest D10s Ive ever played. It also has a really sweet tone. If I did not have better steel guitars Id keep it around. But its just taking up room. So in a nutshell it’s a really good guitar, no creampuff, it wont be trouble-free but wont cost a fortune either. 262 7 oh five 3484

Last edited by Keith Bolog on 29 Aug 2013 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Say what you mean. Mean what you say.
Keith Bolog

try again

Post by Keith Bolog »

Fail I cant paste more than about 40 words before the preview comes up blank. Any help?
Keith Bolog

pictures

Post by Keith Bolog »

Keith Bolog

ernie ball pics

Post by Keith Bolog »

Keith Bolog

Mel o bar

Post by Keith Bolog »

Michael Strauss

Post by Michael Strauss »

Hi Keith,

I'm very interested in the Melobar. Do you by chance have the 10 string nut? Do you know how old it is?

Thanks, Michael
Carter S-12U, Sho-Bud LGD (80's), Fender Jazz King, Korg Pandora Toneworks PX4D, Modulus Q6, Ampeg B5R, Lapstick Travel Guitar mod to lapsteel
Keith Bolog

melobar

Post by Keith Bolog »

No sorry I dont have the nut decided not to modify since I sdont find it especialy comfortable. It is a Smith, year unk, no SN I could see. It is a later, non-collectible, non-mosrite guitar.

I think you could re-cut the nut if you had to because of the weird 10 string spacing they used. I meant to shave it down and start again there is plenty of meat. The bridge has a wooden cap easy to swap out
Mark Kuban

Post by Mark Kuban »

PM sent.
Michael Strauss

Post by Michael Strauss »

Thanks got to talk it over with the boss. It always comes down to keeping her happy.
Carter S-12U, Sho-Bud LGD (80's), Fender Jazz King, Korg Pandora Toneworks PX4D, Modulus Q6, Ampeg B5R, Lapstick Travel Guitar mod to lapsteel
Keith Bolog

bump got the text working

Post by Keith Bolog »

description is up now