Pedal steel rental in San Francisco area

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jordan Bissonnette

Pedal steel rental in San Francisco area

Post by Jordan Bissonnette »

Does anyone have a pedal steel they'd rent out on Aug 3rd in the San Fran area ? I have a show in Napa valley but will not be able to fly with my steel guitar. Or does anyone know of any dealers / stores in the area that would rent one out? All i'd need if a very simply student model. even a Maverick would be perfect. Please let me know! thanks

Jordan
Thomas D10 | Linkon S10 | Modified ShoBud Maverick | YouTube --> Click Here!
Michael Berry

Post by Michael Berry »

Maybe try Tall Toad Music in Petaluma. I'm not sure if they rent but they have an Emmons and a Maverick in stock.

I'm still pretty new as a steeler, but from what I've seen finding a steel guitar in the SF bay area is not easy

http://www.talltoadmusic.com/inventory/ ... mit=Search
Niels Andrews

Post by Niels Andrews »

B0b whom runs the forum lives just down the street, he might know.
Die with Memories. Not Dreams.
Good Stuff like Zum S-12, Wolfe Resoport
MSA SS-12, Telonics Combo.
Mark Eaton
Location: Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California

Post by Mark Eaton »

b0b actually lives almost an hour-and-half drive north of San Francisco (20-25 minutes north of me), but I will recommend Larry Cragg in San Rafael. Larry was Neil Young's guitar tech and sound guru for many years, also working with the late great Ben Keith, and he operates a musical instrument/amp rental business, about 15 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge (when it isn't rush hour).

Larry is also a steel player and is currently in a band called "Buck Nickels & Loose Change," along with playing at times in Pegi Young's band (Neil's wife).

Here's Larry's website:

http://www.vintageinstrumentrental.com/index.htm

If Larry doesn't have a pedal steel available for rent I'm sure he'd be able to point you in the right direction. I think he's had at least one pedal steel for rent in the past, but it might be the Emmons he uses for his gigs which have become pretty regular as of late, a friend of mine is the bass player in the band.
Mark
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

If Larry's website is up to date, it lists 3 pedal steels. An Emmons S10, A Sho~Bud Super Pro and a Sho~Bud Pro 2
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Jordan Bissonnette

Post by Jordan Bissonnette »

Awesome thanks guys ! I'll look into this ! I might message BOb too. We're getting flown out to Napa to play a wedding so that's pretty exciting :)
Thomas D10 | Linkon S10 | Modified ShoBud Maverick | YouTube --> Click Here!
Jeff Hanson

Post by Jeff Hanson »

Jordan, I just sent you a PM.
Jeff Hanson

Star SD-10,Fender Strat, Martin acoustic, Nashville 112, Fender DeVille
Josh Yenne

Post by Josh Yenne »

Yea Tall Toad doesn't really rent and the Emmons is a consignment instrument so they obviously can't rent that...

The other is a Maverick, and trust me, you dont want to play that....

I might be able to rent you something... not something I really "do" but always nice to help out a forumite...(plus I'm a full time musicians so any revenue stream at all helps!) send me a PM or email and make me an offer.

:D

I live in Sonoma which is very close to Napa... I have a Zum 4X5.... relatively standard copedant... Emmons setup...