Peavey Rhythm Master 400 SOLD!!!

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Joe Gall

Peavey Rhythm Master 400 SOLD!!!

Post by Joe Gall »

I have only ever seen two of these amps in all my years of dealing with Peavey amps. The other one I saw was beat, to put it nicely.

I acquired this one about 8 months ago from the ORIGINAL owner here in FL. This amp is super nice and EVERYTHING on it works 100%! 15" BW speaker! 4-channel, 210 watts. Let me tell you, this amp SCREAMS!!!

ALL four channels have a "pull" brightness/boost, high, mid, low and reverb! This amp can handle anything and then some!

This amp is SUPER CLEAN! I could part this amp out and squeeze my asking price out of it, but I just can't see it. Someone should have a home for this beauty!

$250 plus shipping...

Last edited by Joe Gall on 3 Jun 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Been at this damn thing for a few years now. Not so sure that I'm getting anywhere but it is fun. Sometimes.
Doug Earnest

Post by Doug Earnest »

These amps are as handy as a pocket on a shirt!
Craig Dains

rhythm master 400

Post by Craig Dains »

Email sent
Sho-bud Maverick, Oahu lapsteel, Regal Dobro, Peavey DueceII, ES340 Gibson, Fender Telecaster Mexico, Suzuki Acoustic
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Doug Earnest wrote:These amps are as handy as a pocket on a shirt!
Indeed! And this one is in amazing shape! This amp is in absolute above average condition. It is extremely nice!
Been at this damn thing for a few years now. Not so sure that I'm getting anywhere but it is fun. Sometimes.
Joe Gall

Re: rhythm master 400

Post by Joe Gall »

Craig Dains wrote:Email sent
Responding now....
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

I'll let this one ride another day or two before I pull the chassis and the 15" BW and offer them up. I believe I have a buyer for the chassis and I am sure the 15" BW won't be too hard to sell off. Evidently someone has a plan for this chassis. I would rather see this beauty stay together if possible...
Dennis Wallis

Post by Dennis Wallis »

These amps are great ! I used one for years . It's like having 4 NV 400's in one cabinet . Great for multi taskers . Someone who plays more than one instrument will love this amp . That's a great price too . If I didn't already have one I'd take it in a minute . It has FOUR individual preamps ; EQ , reverb,etc . I hope you don't part it out .That would be a shame .
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Thanks Dennis, I will wait this one out a bit as I am not in a hurray. If the cabinet were beat up or something it wouldn't be so hard to make that call, but honestly, this is one of the nicest amps I have seen in a while.

It's really nice and as mentioned, this is like having four Nashville 400's in one cabinet. That sums it up in a nut shell! The PDF owner manual is available on line for this amp, as are all Peavey amps with a simple Google search.

Basically I would crate this amp just like the one in the picture in my other thread. I simply charge $35 for crating which covers the materials and not my time, plus actual shipping to it's new home.

My goal here is not to make money on the crating and shipping but to make sure it arrives in one piece and in perfect working condition! If I get my asking price on my complete working amps I do not have to make money on crating & shipping.

As for shipping. I like to use FedEx when possible and, I don't know if most of you know this or not but whenever possible always ship to a commercial address (work, store, shop, it can be ANY place of business like a auto repair shop, eatery, etc.). The reason is, you can save, in some cases ALMOST HALF on the shipping if you deliver to a commercial address! This is 100% fact! Look into it the next time you ship something large especially.

Perfect example, this week I shipped a Peavey Deuce. 83lbs total with my crate! From FL to IL, if I would have shipped to a residence (which FedEx would not because it was over the 75 lbs limit) it would have been $135. By shipping to where this person works, shipping was $75! Keep it in mind folks the next time you ship those amps!

Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Shipping to the Nashville area via FedEx Ground is $65 and for me to build a crate like the one pictured is $35. So $100 for that 750 miles radius should be close to that figure. The amp weighs in at 66lbs and as long as the amp stays less than 71 lbs total with the crate it can be shipped to a residential address for that same amount. If the amp goes over the 71 lbs weight, then the shipping cost almost doubles for residential but stays the same if you have a commercial address that it can be shipped to!

Bottom line, this amp can be yours for $350 shipped and insured within a 750 mile radius from Daytona/Orlando, FL!
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Have a few people poking around but no one has pulled the trigger....
Jim O. Underwood

Peavey Amp

Post by Jim O. Underwood »

I have owned one of these since the 80s and played lead guitar and fiddle thru it many a night. Great clean sounding amp. All you guys that play more than one instrument in a band.....and are carrying two or three amps to work......this is the one.
Joe Gall

Re: Peavey Amp

Post by Joe Gall »

Jim O. Underwood wrote:I have owned one of these since the 80s and played lead guitar and fiddle thru it many a night. Great clean sounding amp. All you guys that play more than one instrument in a band.....and are carrying two or three amps to work......this is the one.
I have heard from more than one person that these things are awesome for fiddle players who also play guitar, steel etc.
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Somebody needs to buy this baby. I simply can not get myself to pull this chassis and ship it off. This person (not from this site) is going to use the chassis in a rack system and mod it up with more circuits etc. stuff that I have no idea what it means. I just know it doesn't sound like a good end for this beauty that's only ever had one owner (before me) it's whole life.

If I sold the chassis and the the 15" BW I could get my asking price. But I just can't see it. So someone needs to pull the trigger and add this amp to their collection...
Michael Holland

Post by Michael Holland »

Used to have one of these I bought brand new. Sold it to Carco Clave about 25 years ago. It's like a 400 series amp with a 4 channel mixer built into a combo.
"I am certain of nothing", Anthony Bourdain
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

There must not be too many of these amps out there from what I can find. However, they are cool as can be. If I didn't need to sell it, I would keep it forever as it is amazing!

I was playing my steel through it for a long time and loved it, then was playing my Peavey Falcon (Strat) trough it. Then, at one of our jams someone played our keyboard through it, no matter what you put through it, is sounds awesome it seems! That killer 15" BW keeps up with no problem at all!
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

I had a nice one. I am still wondering why I sold it!
Jerry
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Off to Colorado Springs, CO!
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Going to a new home!