SOLD Webb 6-14E Amp Burgundy vinyl SOLD

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Thom Darrow

SOLD Webb 6-14E Amp Burgundy vinyl SOLD

Post by Thom Darrow »

New old inventory Webb amp.There is no serial number anywhere on this amplifier. Tom Bradshaw said several owners stated they also have no serial numbers on their amps. I bought the Webb amp's as investments from Tom Bradshaw several years ago.
This Webb amp is brand new, it has never been used except for testing at Tom Bradshaw's Webb factory. The Webb was built by Jim Webbs music shop in Antioch Calif.
Tom Bredshaw bought the Webb amp. company from Jim Webbs estate. I took it straight home after buying and placed it in a box. There it sits to this day.
Color is burgundy vinyl
The Webb amp is fitted with a 15" JBL E-130 8 ohm speaker S/N 52961. Selling price $2,500.00 + $100.00 shipping and insurance. Please no deals or trades and all sales final. No refunds on electrical items. And lets keep it in the good old USA. TKS...

Last edited by Thom Darrow on 30 May 2013 5:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kirk Eipper

Post by Kirk Eipper »

Thom,

Why an 8 ohm? I always thought a 4 ohm was called for on these?

Thanks

Kirk
'10 Williams 700 Series SD10 4+5/ '71 Emmons S-10 3+4/ '73 Emmons D-10 8+4/ GK MB 200/ Custom Tommy Huff Cabinets/ Webb 614-E/ Steelseat.com Pak-a-seat/ Magnatone and Fender lap steels/ Cobra Coil bars & Strings/ pod 2.0/ Peterson Tuners/Goodrich V.P./ Boss RV5/Teles and Martins

www.kirkeipper.com
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

Kirk the early JBL speakers had some that were 4 ohm and some 8 ohm. The problem as told to me was 4 ohm JBL's were blowing up the 15" speaker cones if someone pushed the pedal to the max and hit the 10th string. If you look on the internet for Webb amps you will find a lot of info on 4 ohm and 8 ohm JBL speakers. The 8 ohm is less likely to rip up the speaker cone. Is your Webb 4 or 8 ohm and has it been re-coned? Tom Bradshaw said my Webb was made between 1994 and 2003. TKS...
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

bump
Darrell Owens

Webb

Post by Darrell Owens »

I have the same exact amp, color and all. The last one built by Jim Webb. I own several great amps, but I always come back to my Webb for tone and reliability. I also have the matching ext speaker.

These may well be the best amps ever made for pedal steel, so the obvious question, is it worth $2500? That can only be resolved between a ready buyer and a willing seller. But, where ya gonna find another one?

Congratulations to the perspective buyer. You will not be disappointed.
Zum Steel, Little Walter Amp, Benado Steel Dream
Darrell Owens
www.darrellowens.com
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

bump
Last edited by Thom Darrow on 29 May 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lance Schnur

Webb Amplifiers Still For Sale ?

Post by Lance Schnur »

Mr. Darrow,

I have sent you a PM message regarding both of the Webb amps that you have for sale.

Thank you,
Lance
Thom Darrow

Post by Thom Darrow »

Webb amp has been SOLD. Thanks for the input.