Oklahoma & N. TX/lead guitar/ psg/ bass/ vocals

Musicians wanted for bands or recording projects

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Alan Rudd

Oklahoma & N. TX/lead guitar/ psg/ bass/ vocals

Post by Alan Rudd »

I'm here! Oklahoma! I'm looking for some work. Hit me up if you need, guitar, vocals, BGVs, bass, or pedal steel. Ardmore is my location, so I could do anything from OKC to Dallas, or east & west of there...and beyond!
Last edited by Alan Rudd on 16 Sep 2018 12:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Larry Hamilton

Post by Larry Hamilton »

Hey Alan, glad to hear your are moving back to Oklahoma. You might even run into Smiley. Jerry Duncan from Ada usually tries to use a steel. I believe Cliff Trent tries to cover that spot when he can. Good luck. :) :)
Keep pickin', Larry
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

I will be attending a jam session there on the 18th. I might see Jerry and Smiley. Used to play guitar for Jerry a lot. Looking forward to getting home and reconnecting with all the great pickers in that area.
David Alexander

Post by David Alexander »

Welcome back to OK Alan. I will keep my ears open for some gigs for you.
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Thanks, David!
Cliff Trent

welcome

Post by Cliff Trent »

Hey Alan!! Welcome to the Ardmore area. I live between Davis and dougherty in the mountains. Hope we can get together soon!!!!
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Hey, Cliff, that would be great. I will be residing at the Ardmore Lake Club, so Davis is pretty close for me. I look forward to meeting you!
Ron Kirby

Post by Ron Kirby »

Alan, Moving to Ardmore OK. maybe be a great change in your life. I hope you find the right job and (Gig) you are looking for. I sure did enjoy the band we had together here. I hope the lessons I taught you on steel guitar will help you down the road. They were the same lessons that were taught to me long ago. I truly hope for the best, for you and your family. If you ever need me, you have my phone number. You take care!

Adios for now.
Ronnie
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Yep! Thanks, Ron! I've had a great time learning this instrument, I really love it. I have an Emmons D10 SKH now. I'm glad we got to work together. Looks like I will get some gigging in there in Oklahoma, too, much more than I ever did here. Things seem to have picked up a lot back there since I left.
Mark Greenway

Welcome back home.

Post by Mark Greenway »

Welcome back Alan. There is no doubt that you will get plenty of work around here. You are a great singer and musician.

Your classroom kids back at the school where you taught are going to miss you as their mentor and teacher. You taught school for a long time. Now it's time to enjoy living on the lake and playing music. I sure hope we can get together and do some playing like we did back in the 80's around Ardmore and Ada.

Welcome back home.

If anyone needs a band member that can sing, write songs, play guitar, bass and steel guitar, record or mix or set sound, give Alan a call.
Mark Greenway

Welcome back home.

Post by Mark Greenway »

:)
Last edited by Mark Greenway on 17 Jun 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Thanks, Mark. Looking forward to it. No doubt, we will be making music soon. I'll be home in April. I have connected with a lot of the guys I played music with back in Ada so many years ago, so we're gonna have a blast! See ya in a couple of weeks!
Wayne Morton

Post by Wayne Morton »

Alan I haven't seen you in forever, so I sure am looking forward to the 18th. See ya then.
Emmons 82 SKH, Emmons 93 Legrande II, Emmons 72 Fat Back, Mullen G2 Purple Heart, 82 Zum
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Really looking forward to seeing you again, too, Wayne. I can't wait!
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Okay, guys! I'm here! Been here for about 5 weeks or so, so I'm looking for all those gigs that are available here. Cliff, give me a shout at your convenience. Would love to run up there and see ya. I just live off Exit 33 here in Ardmore, not far from your area. Wayne let me know when you might be available for some lessons...
Wayne Morton

Post by Wayne Morton »

Alan, just give me a call 580-371-3512. I'm retarded now, so I have some free time.
Emmons 82 SKH, Emmons 93 Legrande II, Emmons 72 Fat Back, Mullen G2 Purple Heart, 82 Zum
Cliff Trent

number

Post by Cliff Trent »

Hey Alan,
I'm about to get "retarded" like Wayne, myself. My number is 580-618-2611. Holler at me and teach me something!!!!
John Shadid

Post by John Shadid »

I know it's a bit of ways away, but every 3rd saturday of the month there's about 8+ steelers that get together for a full band jam in Del City. One of my bands is based out of Ardmore too. We have a low key house gig at the Red Dirt Brew House. If you want, I'll let you know next time we're playing and maybe we can meet up.
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

That would be great, John. Let me know when you guys play the Red Dirt. I've been down there a couple of times, thinking about trying to book something there solo...thanks. My phone # is 615-579-5527.
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Think I'm gonna go ahead and start my own band here. I miss the crew I had in TN...all great friends as well as players. Can't beat that!
So, I'm gonna put together another group of friends here who are also good players.
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Still available...
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

I would still like to find some work as a steeler, if possible...
Alan Rudd

Post by Alan Rudd »

Looking for work again...played some around here, but things are drying up. Need something new to do...hit me up!