San Antonio Steel Guitar Association

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Time to make your plans for the May 5, 2013 San Antonio Steel Guitar Jam Session. Our jam session will be at the William M. Randolph American Legion Post #593, 326 W. Legion Dr. Converse, Texas 78109. Hours are 2 pm until 5 pm. Food and drinks will be available from the American Legion canteen. All players are welcome no matter what your skill level and the public is welcome. Players please be set up tuned up and ready to play no later than 2 pm. Also have 2 songs ready to play. We will also have a "4 SALE or TRADE" table for amps, guitars, guitar equipment and even cds. Randy Boyd,"The Victoria Flash", will be our featured player for May. Randy is a great pedal steel guitar player and guitar player and sings on top of all that. Come out and enjoy the fun. Once again, we do not charge admission. We pass a donation can and the first 50.00 in donations is paid to the American Legion for the rent of the hall. The remainder of the donations goes to the Wounded Warriors Foundation to be presented through the American Legion Post #593 on Labor Day. Last year we presented all together 500.00. This year we hope to double that amount. Please forward questions to Joe Rouse 210-254-5299
Ben Price

Post by Ben Price »

Yipee! Time for the San Antonio Pedal Steel Guitar Association jam. One day, we should have a hotdog eating contest. I don't know why I said that, but I really like the idea! I wonder what sound you would get if you replaced the steel with a hotdog?

I think I need to stay out of the sun.
Dave Goodman

San Antonio Steel Assc

Post by Dave Goodman »

I plan to be there again. Rib may be OK this time. Ben, just take a shower and wash away whatever that is.
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Ben, listen to Dave...listen real close...no really, I'm glad your happy about the jam session...we do have a good time.I failed to tell you how good you sang Almost Persuaded Ben..we all enjoyed it... Dave "COMMANDER" Goodman, I hope you're ready to play..wasn't the same without you pickin...but you still did good with Shake, Rattle, and Roll...glad to have you both coming back...Dean said he'd be there too....jr
Mark Moseley

San Antone Steel

Post by Mark Moseley »

Hey, I am looking forward to being back with you all. I am starting to get the shakes after missing a session! Now, if I can just find that thing some call a steel guitar........
Mark Moseley

San Antone Steel

Post by Mark Moseley »

Hey, I am looking forward to being back with you all. I am starting to get the shakes after missing a session! Now, if I can just find that thing some call a steel guitar........
Joe Rouse

San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Post by Joe Rouse »

Welcome back from your son's wedding...hope you had a good time...see you the 5th....jr
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

TTT
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

TTT
Lee Barber

Post by Lee Barber »

Randy Boyd on Steel guitar or guitar is a pleasure. Wish I could be there.
Fessenden, Emmons PP D10
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Lee, you're right about Randy...besides being a good guy he is a great player as you know...you're always welcome at our jam sessions...jr
Lee Barber

Post by Lee Barber »

Joe
Would be nice, out meeting is on the same weekend. Maybe if we doLeen't have a meeting one month I will be able to.
Thanks Lee
Fessenden, Emmons PP D10
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Hey Lee...I'm not trying to steel you away from Katy, I have some good friends at their jam sessions. We have had Billy and Patty and Randy visit and just want you to know you have an open invitation anytime you have the chance....take care...jr
Lee Barber

Post by Lee Barber »

Hey Joe, I know you wouldn't try to steel me, and if I get a chance I'll come up, it;s about a 3.5 hour drive, but please don't steel Randy at least not to long. I like his playing and he's not a bad fellow either.
Lee
Fessenden, Emmons PP D10
Miguel Saldana

Post by Miguel Saldana »

I'm looking forward to meet and listen to the locals. Is the selling/trading pretty informal, or would I need to sign-up or request a space?
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Hey Miguel,
The whole jam session is laid back. I don't have any idea about what will be on the "4 Sale or Trade" table until the day of the jam session. No need to request space for yourself. We will make plenty of room for you and I'm sure you'll enjoy the players and audience...Look forward to seeing you Sunday....jr
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

I'll see you Sunday. Looking forward to seeing my buddy Randy Boyd play and visiting and playing with everyone else. :D
Rusty Wilson

I'm gonna miss it.

Post by Rusty Wilson »

I was hoping to find a good club here in San Antonio. My band is playin' Cornyval in Helotes on the 5th so I'm out this time, but hopefully I can make the next one.
- Rusty Wilson

1996 Carter D-10 8x8
Highway One Fender Telecaster w/ Hip Shot B-Bender
Fender Nashville Deluxe Power Telecaster
Roland Cube 80X and Cube 60
Peavey Classic 50 (4x10)
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

I'm bringing my cousin Brent... he's a singer, so he'll be interrupting the instrumental interlude with inspirational invective... I mean, he'll sing! Looking forward to seeing all y'all soon.
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Rusty and Stephen and Brent...Glad you're coming to the jam session...see you all(that's west Texas southern) there...jr
Kenny Piper

Post by Kenny Piper »

Hey Joe, can't wait until this Sunday. Looks like we have some new folks coming. Can't wait to see Randy. Glad to have Mark back and play with all the players!
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Its going to be a good day...plenty of players and beautiful weather. A good day for lot's of fun....jr
Stephen Cowell

Post by Stephen Cowell »

All packed up and ready to leave... bringing the dobro just in case we decide to hit the Luckenbach picker's circle afterward. Only an hour away!
New FB Page: Lap Steel Licks And Stuff: https://www.facebook.com/groups/195394851800329
Miguel Saldana

Post by Miguel Saldana »

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. It was great to see such great talent and look forward to next month.
Joe Rouse

Post by Joe Rouse »

Hey Miguel
Sorry I was unable to be at the jam session. You were able to hear some great music from some great players. All are easy to get along with and willing to help. Randy "Victoria Flash" Boyd is a great player, guitar player and singer. Roger Edgington plays steel for probably the best Country and Western Swing bands in the USA. Stephen Cowell and Mark Mosely can hold their own anywhere. Kenny Piper our band leader is a jack of all trades and on our committee. I'm looking forward to meeting you at the next jam session if Montezuma keeps his revenge away from me. See you then....jr