Sticky-Picks

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Bob Hempker

Sticky-Picks

Post by Bob Hempker »

I have been trying a new steel guitar product, that I'm really knocked out over. It's a solution called "Sticky-Picks." Wayne Hobbs has come up with a solution to finger picks wanting to work their way off. It comes in a bottle with a dauber on the top, similar to liquid shoe polish. The substance is clear, and odorless. Dab it onto the picking fingers, then put your finger picks on. Allow about 30 seconds for it to set up. I've tried shaking my picks off and making them come off, but they do not move. When done playing, remove them. They leave absolutely no residue on your fingers or on your guitar, strings, or anything. This is one new product for steel players, dobro players, banjo players, or anyone wearing finger picks, that works magnificently. I won't go anywhere without a bottle of it in my pak-a-seat. If you try it, you will be buying it. I usually don't promote many things, but I wish I'd had this for the last 50 years or so. It has made me more confident with myself when I play also. There is nothing more scary than to be playing a solo, and feel a finger pick working its way off. It is a totally helpless feeling. Sticky-Picks absolutely takes this worry away.
Bob Hempker
Larry Hamilton

Post by Larry Hamilton »

I bought some at the TSGA show in Dallas this yeat and yes, it really some good stuff. Really works. Try some.
Keep pickin', Larry
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

Where can we get it?
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
http://www.mikeperlowin.com http://soundcloud.com/mike-perlowin
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Bob, are you selling it at the store?
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Jerry Pansier

Post by Jerry Pansier »

I could not agree with You you more Bob on Sticky Pics I use it and love it.
Bob Hempker

Post by Bob Hempker »

We are selling this at the store: Steel Guitar Nashville. We are waiting on a shipment at the present time. Hopefully, it will be in stock today.
Bob Hempker
Howard Smith

Post by Howard Smith »

Glad to see some other folks are learning about this stuff. It's cheap and I purchased a bottle of it from Wayne about 8-10 months ago, and its not even half gone. It's a must have for pedal steel players, or anyone using metal finger picks. Also works great on plastic picks/Thumb picks....only picks it doesn't work on are the nylon ones because of the oil in them, but they aren't much of a problem anyhow, and can be tightened up.

www.sticky-picks.com
Last edited by Howard Smith on 13 Apr 2013 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Carter D10 8/5, Hilton VP, BJS Bar, Sonic Research Strobe Tuner, Elite' Powered Speakers, Fender Telecaster, Traynor YCV40 Tube Amp
Lynn Stafford

Sticky-Picks

Post by Lynn Stafford »

I purchased some of this product From Wayne while in Dallas. I've used it on the bandstand over the last couple of weeks and it really does help keep my finger picks in place.

By the way, Wayne Hobbs is one heck of a nice guy and a very talented player!! It was a real pleasure talking with him.... and hearing him play was quite an eye opener :D
Best regards,
Lynn Stafford

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------
Ron Brown

Sticky-Picks

Post by Ron Brown »

The website is www.sticky-picks.com
Check out Wayne's demonstration. AMAZING!
Duane Brown

Sticky Picks

Post by Duane Brown »

I have had a hard time keeping picks on for years as I was a left handed carpenter and smashed my right thumb and middle finger many times resulting in extra large fingers that picks are too small for. I play Stratocaster, gut string, Telecaster and steel every weekend in my current band and was constantly dragging picks off when changing guitars.Since I began using Sticky Picks about two months ago I have pulled a pick off one time and I really hooked it under the strings.

I am sold on the product and just received two more bottles- one for home and another for the studio. I don't want to ever be without Sticky-Picks again so I just keep one bottle with every guitar.

Wayne Hobbs is a really nice guy and super player. His website demonstrates the product and has clips of him playing with Connie Smith, Barbara Mandrell and others. www.sticky-picks.com
Mike Archer

good product

Post by Mike Archer »

yeah its a good product I bought some last year
and its fixed my pick slippage right off
I would buy more :D
Emmons SKH legrande/ Nash 400 amps
Tele and deluxe amp
Jay Noel

Sticky Picks works great!

Post by Jay Noel »

I have tried every thing in the world for the last 25 years I could think of to keep my picks on, even making rubberized paint with sand, using surgical tubing to making picks really, really tight, but nothing has worked as good as this product. It is everything it claims to be.

If you have fingers that are not conducive to wearing metal finger picks this product is for you!

I bought a bottle at the TSGA show in DFW last month and have enjoyed increased confidence in the picks staying and have been able to pick faster, because of the sticking power and my increased confidence.

I just have one more thing to say. Once you try it you will never want to be without it.
Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

Sounds like something i need bad, especially in the summer up here, it can get humid as hell, and with most dates being outside, we all know that 'slipping pick' feeling at the wrong time! Thanks for bringing this up Bob.
A.K.A Chappy.
Howard Smith

Sticky Picks

Post by Howard Smith »

Just got my second bottle of Sticky Picks from Wayne, and it arrived quicker than anything I've ordered from anyone in a long time....Thanks Wayne. I didn't really need another bottle, because the one I bought from him almost a year ago is still over half full, but I wanted an extra one to keep in my pac seat. This is the best and only thing I've found that works this good, and isn't a hassle to use. If you haven't tried it, your really missing out. Sticky Picks will give anyone who uses finger picks more confidence and a much better playing experience. Theirs simply nothing else like it.

www.sticky-picks.com
Carter D10 8/5, Hilton VP, BJS Bar, Sonic Research Strobe Tuner, Elite' Powered Speakers, Fender Telecaster, Traynor YCV40 Tube Amp
Josh Yenne

Post by Josh Yenne »

i must be missing something or my oils are diff3ernt... when I put it on it never seems to dry for me... it doesn't make them slip more but it always feels a bit wet in there where I put on the solution.... I want it to dry out and feel like they are bonding...

does it always feel a bit wet to others out there using it? would love for it to work for me as its more convienient than my other methods.... (i dont do the fingers in mouth... just grosses me out at gigs)

:cry:
Howard Smith

Post by Howard Smith »

No it doesn't stay wet, you must be using something else.
Josh Yenne

Post by Josh Yenne »

uh? "you must be using something else"

I'm using the bottle, ordered directly from him, that says "sticky picks" by Wayne Hobbs...

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm using.

:roll:
Howard Smith

Post by Howard Smith »

Josh.....How much are you putting on your fingers? All you need to do is dab a small amount all the way around your finger tip. Also I give the bottle a little shake before using it..just to make sure everything in their is mixed up properly. I tilt the bottle a little and push on the center of the sponge applicator just enough to wet it then swab all the way around my finger tip. What type of picks are you using? Are they metal finger picks? I use a Herco thumb pick, this stuff does not work on the nylon thumb pick due to the oil in the nylon, but its not a problem keeping it on, I just use it on my metal National Picks.
Josh Yenne

Post by Josh Yenne »

I've tried putting on a lot, or a little, and everyone in between.. I'm using regular plastic thumbpick and Jeffran finger picks...

I shake it each time to.. maybe just my PH or something.. always feels wet.
Howard Smith

Post by Howard Smith »

Well that's defiantly a first Josh.....If I were you I'd contact Wayne, or just send it back. He'll be fair with you. The first bottle I bought from him was free because paypal messed up the transaction. That's what kind of guy Wayne is. Sure sorry this didn't work for you, but no matter what...Keep Smilin
Chubby Howard

Post by Chubby Howard »

I love it!!! The best thing I have ever found to keep my picks on and I have been playing since water! Wayne Hobbs is the best guy in the world to deal with also he is one of the Best steel players on the planet. If you use it 1 time you will be hooked! Chubby Howard