Steel guitarist Janne Lindgren passed this morning

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Uffe Edefuhr

Steel guitarist Janne Lindgren passed this morning

Post by Uffe Edefuhr »

Scandinavian Mr. "Pedal Steel Guitar" Janne Lindgren died at Huddinge hospital in Stockholm this morning 2013-04-07. Janne suffered from problems with his heart and kidneys.
Rest in Peace my friend. I will Always remember your kindness and our strong friendship.
Uffe
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to his family.
Sven Kontio

Post by Sven Kontio »

This is really, really sad news. Mr. Lindgren was a true friend of mine and so many others, a man of great talent and so much generosity. He was THE Pedal steeler in Sweden imho, played on 5000+ recordings and was the one who inspired me and many, many others to start pickin´. My heart and prayers goes out to his family; wife Eva and daughter Sara. R.I.P. my friend.

Sven O. Kontio
Per Berner

Post by Per Berner »

We have lost a great, versatile musician who handled any style with ease during a career spanning almost fifty years – though real country and western swing were always closest to his heart. Noone has ever done more to promote steel guitar and country music in our country, even when country was at its un-coolest.

But more importantly, we have lost a great human being who always found time for us beginners, always ready to share his knowledge.

Rest in peace, Janne. We will miss you.
Anders Lindby

Post by Anders Lindby »

This is indeed tragic news and my thoughts n condolences goes to Jannes wife Eva and the rest of his family.
Janne was quite a remarkable man in many ways ,he was the No1 promoting the steelguitar in Sweden since 1962 with his heart in the pure trad country music,he was also Swedens biggest dealer in steelguitars and equipment trough the years, he was a dealer for GFI in Sweden until the end.
We have suffered a huge loss in the Swedish steel community.
R.I.P my friend Mr Steelguitar,mentor,source of inspiration, Janne Lindgren you are missed.
GFI Ultra...Nashville 112...Twin Reverb...Stratocasters.
Mike Gross

Post by Mike Gross »

It is such sad news on a weekend filled with sad news. My good friend and Western Swing drummer Tommy Howser from the River Road Boys died on Friday.

Janne was a wonderful person and a great steel play as well as a DJ that helped promote the steel guitar in Europe.
Mike
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

My condolences as well.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Gerry Hogan

Post by Gerry Hogan »

I'm so sorry to hear that Janne has passed on. He was a very fine steel player and "drove" the steel guitar in Sweden for many years. Rest in Peace, Janne.

Gerry
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Playing Janne's Emmons..in his music room just a few months ago...

ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Henning Kock

Post by Henning Kock »

April 7, 2013,

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to Eva and family.

I remember the nice, talented, hard working, talented Janne from steel guitar seminars in Kristiansand and Langesund, Norway, Euro Country in Holland, Furuvik in Gavle (with Lloyd Green!)and the photo shows when he visited me in Denmark, 1999. In addition, Janne and I had countless phone calls.

Kind regards,
Henning

pedal steel guitar:
www.steelguitardanmark.dk
-
Playing on YouTube: Search on my name and pedal steel guitar
-
piano & keyboard:
www.henning-kock.dk
-
ZumSteel Stage One 3F 4K. Year 2018
Olli Haavisto

Post by Olli Haavisto »

Rest In Peace, my friend.
It is hard to overestimate Janne`s influence on everything steel guitar in Scandinavia. The Man...
I got my first steel through him, first instruction material, first steel LPs...
Olli Haavisto
Finland
Reggie Duncan

Post by Reggie Duncan »

I corresponded with Janne for several years. I have a gospel record by Evie Tournquist that he had played on so beautifully. He mailed me one of his instrumental albums. Such a nice person. He will be missed. Prayer for his family is in order....
Larry Bressington

Post by Larry Bressington »

Rest Easy friend.
A.K.A Chappy.
Artur Konwinski

Post by Artur Konwinski »

I knew Janne since 1986 , and hope we were friends since that time. He was great steeler and great man. Together we organized first steel guitar seminar in Poland where he introduced me to steel guitar world. Thanks for that. Rest in peace.
My condolences to Eva and Sara.
Chris Templeton

Post by Chris Templeton »

I've heard Janne's name for a long time and am pretty sure I've heard him play at the convention. I'm sorry to see you go. R.I.P..
Excel 3/4 Pedal With An 8 String Hawaiian Neck, Tapper (10 string with a raised fretboard to fret with fingers), Single neck Fessenden 3/5
bruce fischer

Post by bruce fischer »

so sorry to hear this.
RIP.
bruce & lynn
sho-bud super pro II, blue darlin' VI