Larry Agan

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

George Plemons

Larry Agan

Post by George Plemons »

I have been told that Larry Agan was killed in an auto accident last night..I have a star steel he built for me and he was a great human being..Prayers to his wife Sharon.
Dickie Whitley

Post by Dickie Whitley »

The same Larry Agan that works with Bud Carter @ ETS?
Charles Tilley

Post by Charles Tilley »

Yes, that is the Larry Agan.
Charles Tilley ,
Princeton, Texas
b0b

Post by b0b »

This is terrible news. I'm in shock. Condolences to his family and friends in Texas.

I've bought several ETS guitars from Larry over the past 2 years and talked to him on the phone quite a bit. He was a real nice guy and very knowledgeable about steel guitar.

We're gonna miss him. :cry:
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Joe Savage

Post by Joe Savage »

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to all. I have an ETS that I enjoy playing at my church gig every Sunday.
My deepest sympathies.
Billy Carr
Restricted

La

Post by Billy Carr »

That's terrible news. Larry and I had just talked for an hour or so, twice this week. Rest in peace buddy. Prayers going out to the family.
Ronald Sikes

Post by Ronald Sikes »

I spoke with Bud this morning. He , along with everyone here at Dallas show are deeply saddened by such a tragedy. I had many dealings with Larry. He was a wonderful friend and will be missed. Prayers for Sharon and the family.
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats
Dennis Wireman

Larry

Post by Dennis Wireman »

another fine man my condolences and prayers for the family
Dickie Whitley

Post by Dickie Whitley »

My sincere condolences to the family. This is so unreal, lost way too many lately.
baxter vaughan

Post by baxter vaughan »

i just spoke to my good friend dwight cook. he told larry and sharon were on their way back from delivering a steel in denton tx. his wife sharon was with him. she is in the hospital and expected to be ok. banged up, but ok. the steel community lost a great friend. may god bless their family at this terrible time.
Bob Tuttle

Post by Bob Tuttle »

What a shock. I just received my new ETS steel from Larry last week. I had several phone conversations with him during the last two or three weeks. What a nice guy. It's hard to believe that he is no longer with us. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Jeff Keyton

Post by Jeff Keyton »

Real sorry to hear this, condolences to his family and friends. I have an ETS that was one of the first batch to be made. He was a great guy to deal with generous with his time, patient with my questions and very helpful.
Jerry Tillman

I am in total shock.

Post by Jerry Tillman »

Just had an extended conversation with him a few days ago on some marketing plans for the new steel.I only knew him for a little while,he seemed so nice.My sympathys to his family and friends.Jerry
autry andress

Just meet Larry agan

Post by autry andress »

I just meet Larry Thrusday afternoon at his table at the TSGA. We talk about a S/D 10 & he said it was in the works.
Very nice guy. This was around 4:30/5:00 as best I can remember......I probably got one of the last business cards
he handed out. MY condolences to his wife & family & to his fellow workers at ETS.
I hope ETS can keep his memory alive & ETS lives on.
Dwight Cook

larry agan

Post by Dwight Cook »

I just got back home from the dallas show, I heard
several stories of what happened,so i really do not know,some said he was in route from denton after a DEL. of a guitar, then there were other stories.
bud carter has the best details,larry will be missed by many, gods love to those who weep
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

Last Thursday I had helped Larry unload some and set up some things in Dallas. Around 8 or 8:30 my wife and I went by his booth, told him we were going to the room,,,he said "hey, I've got those parts for you" (he was bringing some parts to Dallas for me). I turned back to him and said "I'll get them from you tomorrow",,,and continued on my way to the room. Sadly, "tomorrow" never came for Larry. When I went down Friday morning that was the first thing I heard,,,Larry was killed last night. Bud showed up around noon and knew very little details. I was afraid that Larry had had a heart attack (when I visited with him a few months ago in Trinidad he said he was "eating nitro pills like candy",,,he had numerous stents in place). Anyway,,,here is what I found,,

http://heralddemocrat.com/sections/news ... s-one.html

May God grant that Larry Agan, a GOOD man, rest in peace!!!!!!
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

I met Larry too like autry Thursday afternoon. He was one of those people you take a liking to instantly as if you had been friends forever. My sincere condolences to the family.
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10,
10 3x4 Peavey Nashville 112 Peavey LTD 400 2014 Zum Encore Wood Grain 4x5 Stage One pot pedal
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I never met Larry but have heard nothing but good about him. I pray for his wife and family during this most diffciult time.
Larry Hamilton

Post by Larry Hamilton »

Sad,sad, news. Larry built my guitar and was wonderfully nice guy. Visited with him periodically and also kept up with him through Dwight Cook. This is a terrible loss to the steel guitar community. Prayers to his wife, Sharon, and family.
Keep pickin', Larry
Fred Glave

Post by Fred Glave »

I'm so sorry to hear this. Larry phoned me right after I received my new ETS last August. He wanted to know how the steel was. To me it was clear that he wanted to spend some time on the phone with me to really make sure everything was okay. Seemed like a very nice guy and a good guy to do business with too.
Zum Encore, Zum Stage One, Fender 2000, Harlan Bros., Multi-Kord,
Dale Ware

Larry Agan

Post by Dale Ware »

Larry was a good friend. I have an illness also and Larry would drive 60 miles once or twice a month just to check on me and see if I needed anything. It dosen't seem fair that he is gone and I'm not. Dale
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

I too would like to ad my condolences.
We just talked and shuck hands the night he left us.
My prayers go out to Larry's family.

NOTE:

Bob Rains ask me to post for him as he's not on line any more.
Bob sends his condolences to Larry's family, they were old friends.
Email: azpedalman@gmail.com
Phone: 480-235-8797
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

any word on funeral arrangements???
Tommy Boswell

Post by Tommy Boswell »

Sad news indeed, my condolences to Larry's family. I have one his steel's, and Larry was great to work with, the way he helped me with my new instrument. What a loss to the community.
Jana Lockaby

Post by Jana Lockaby »

No word on arrangements just yet. Still waiting to hear something. Hopefully I can find out something over the weekend. It just doesn't seem like he's really gone. He was a dear friend, and will be so very missed.