25 SONGS for Lap Steel Guitar, C6 LOOK -->

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
steve takacs

yoru E9 rock steel CD

Post by steve takacs »

Doug I hope you re-issue that Rock E9 steel CD you put out earlier. I know it would fill a niche and help players looking for quality rock steel info. I am not the only one that feels that way. Those on The Forum have mentioned it as being extremely helpful to them.

steve t
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Doug I was watching your U Tube and what a great job you do. I hope I can only do have of what you are doing on the lap Steel. I have been reading your tab and it looks like I will be able to pick it up and do a pretty good Job on the lap Steel. It is due to be here tomorrow. I was in JFK Airport yesterday morning so it has to be here at the UPS terminal.I'll let you know how I'm doing on it.Oh yes I got my E mail on the Forum straitened out. I messed it up trying to do it last night so i got a hold of BOB LEE and he got it fixed for me. Thanks For letting me know about it.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Thanks Sam, I'm glad you like my tab. Enjoy your lap steel!
Brian Straub

Bump it

Post by Brian Straub »

Great book..a must have for c6 lap steel.
Justice D-10, Evans Amp, Sarno V-8, Gibson Lap Steel BR-9, Telonics Pedal.
Mark DeMarino

Post by Mark DeMarino »

Doug or others,

Course suitable for rank beginner?

Thanks...MD
"Eyes up, Chin the same, Looking for Cloudstreets calling my name"
m.a.demarino...oct.2009

2011? Rondo SX C6
Gorilla Amp
Waiting on Custom Gary Swallow steel
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Mark, yes, I think it is suitable for beginners. The tablature is large, easy to read, and the arrangements are mostly intermediate level and a few beginner level. By playing through the songs you'll learn a lot about chord positions, slants, slides, etc. I've sold a lot of them to beginning players and I've had a lot of positive response. Others are welcome to chime in here. thanks!
Dick Chapple Sr

Doug's C6th lap tab books

Post by Dick Chapple Sr »

This response is pretty late Mark but I will sure chime in again.
I cannot say enough good about them. You will definitely advance with Doug's books. Large print for old eyes. Great selection of songs. accurate tabbing. Excellent sounding arrangements. And the book quality itself....I have played the songs in both of Dougs books daily for two years now, I bend the top corners to make it easier to flip pages while I play and have yet to tear a page or pull it loose from the excellent binder which allows easy page turning. The CD's are super as well, I can now play right along with Doug's playing and finally I am beginning to play using the backing tracks, this has been the hardest part for me. The backing tracks are terrific, I however still need more experience in playing with others instead of solo all the time. You just can't go wrong with Doug's books.

Doug......do you have an update for us who are anxiously awaiting your 3rd C6th lap project?

I am forever grateful for the effort you have put into making your books.
Dick
Dick Chapple Sr

Doug's C6th lap tab books

This response is pretty late Mark but I will sure chime in again.
I cannot say enough good about them. You will definitely advance with Doug's books. Large print for old eyes. Great selection of songs. accurate tabbing. Excellent sounding arrangements. And the book quality itself....I have played the songs in both of Dougs books daily for two years now, I bend the top corners to make it easier to flip pages while I play and have yet to tear a page or pull it loose from the excellent binder which allows easy page turning. The CD's are super as well, I can now play right along with Doug's playing and finally I am beginning to play using the backing tracks, this has been the hardest part for me. The backing tracks are terrific, I however still need more experience in playing with others instead of solo all the time. You just can't go wrong with Doug's books.

Doug......do you have an update for us who are anxiously awaiting your 3rd C6th lap project?

I am forever grateful for the effort you have put into making your books.
Dick
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Thanks, Dick! much appreciated. I'm working on a third book/CD now, and I was hoping to have it done by December, but it looks like it will be a couple of months after that.
Dick Chapple Sr

3rd book

Okay Doug....thanks for the update, hmmmm so about February perhaps around Valentine's Day. So maybe "My funny Valentine" might be in there somewhere as an extra perhaps??

Anyway whatever you have penciled in for the 3rd book will be much anticipated and sure look forward to it.
Dick
Dick Chapple Sr

3rd C6th book

Hi Doug:
Is your 3rd C6th lap nearly ready to go to market?
If it is soon, I want to get it of course right away along with the E9th book.
Dick
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Hi Dick, I'm still working on it. As usual, I underestimated the amount of time it would take to complete. It's going to be a couple more months anyway. Thanks for asking.