Joe Sapp

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

bob,,,,thank you for the phone call,,,,it ment alot to me and marilyn. I cant wait for the mending process to start....went to the dr. yesterday, and FINALLY gave me some Ambion to let me sleep,,,which I havent done since January 25. dang,,,it sure felt good. I go in tomorrow afternoon to have my left ankle rebuilt,,,woo---woooooooo.....
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...

God Bless

Joe
Shorty Smith

Post by Shorty Smith »

Sam, I'm doing fine here , just getting old, I turned 80 last year but I'm still playing steel, Traditional county music, one to two night a week and loving it, play golf a couple days a week and if I got some spare time I go fishing, hope you doing well, sure hope Joe gets well very soon, Shorty
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

OK Joe we need a up date on your Surgery.I hope it went well and hope they did not have to do too much to get you all fixed up like new. Anna and I will keep you and Marilyn in our prayers. We have not met Marilyn yet and when we ever go by we will stop by to see you both.We bought a home in Florida and you are welcome to come a visit us any time you want.You can stay as long as you want.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

I had my surgery wed. (13th),,,,went in at 2:30pm and marilyn brought me home at 10:45. it took a steel plate and 9 screws, and a bunch of stitch's. left leg is totally immobile and NO weight for 12 weeks....which means no steel.....I think thats the part that hurts the most....(my bar slants arent that good),,,,so I'm up a creek at least for a little while. Marilyn is pampering me to no end. I cant wait for you to meet her. Thursday I couldn't keep anything down due to the seditive,,,but fine now.....for us,,,this is just a lil road bump and this too shall pass.....I go back on the 28th. to have the stitch's removed and will get my first look at the dr.s handywork......more to follow on the 28th. Thank you all for th kind words, thoughts and prayers......

Joe
Graham

Post by Graham »

Good to hear, Joe. Might be wise to pick up a few brain-teaser books to work on tho'. Getting up to our ages, that 12 weeks with no practice or playing, gotta keep the brain cells sharp so you don't forget everything!
Rebel�
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

G-man,,,,,thats a great idea,,,,but I gotta tell ya,,,the down time sort of feels good. Although I cant play it,,,,I sure can clean and polish it....Good to hear from you my friend....stay safe and God Bless.....

Joe
Ronnie Acton

Post by Ronnie Acton »

hey joe... sorry to hear of your accident...hope you get better soon......prop leg up and practice right hand and no pedal licks to keep that right hand and left hand working good....good luck my friend
Graham

Post by Graham »

Joe:
Sure Bob Myers would agree with me. Just paint it blue and you won't have to spend all that time cleaning and polishing it!! :lol:

In all seriousness, hope you get better real soon!
Rebel�
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Joe Anna and I are with you our friend.I think it would be a great idea to just play with no pedals and practice a lot of bar slants. Now is a good time to do that and it will also keep you in practice.Hope you heal fast and get back to the thing we all love the Steel Guitar.
Sam & Anna White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
ROBERT MYERS

Post by ROBERT MYERS »

Joe I'm glad everything is working out ok. I've been meaning to call you but with running around getting things set up for my cataract surgery tomorrow and these twins running my legs off, well you know how it is.
I really think G-man has the right idea :lol: You'll love the tone.
Well I have to get ready to go to the doctor for pre-op work up but remember you are still in our thoughts and prayers.
Keep in touch
PS: stay away from magnets :twisted:
Bob Myers Pedalmaster Classic 8 & 7 Profex2 Peavey M7000 Power Amp 2 15in speakers Nashville 400 Digitech RP 100 67 Fender Duo-sonic 69 Fender Mustang
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Joe Hope you are doing much better.I went for my Stress test and they say I have a problem with the ticker. I guess they might be putting in another Stent or two. I will know by tomorrow I hope. Got to get straitened out as we will be moving in 4 weeks. Hope you are able to play a little steel with the bar slats to keep you up on the Steel. Take care and Anna and I have you in our prayers.
Sam & Anna White
Joseph V. Sapp

Post by Joseph V. Sapp »

Sam:
starting to feel a little better. ankle seems to be doing better and the pain isn't that bad. able to keep food down now but still sleeping in spurts....i'll tell yall,,,,getting hurt,sick,or down isn't for sissys !!!!!! the bad part, "no steel".......but all will come back. get yourself well and who knows who might knock on the door of your new home.

God Bless

Joe
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

HI Joe you know you and your Friend are welcome any time .It would be a pleasure to have you guys come and visit for as long as you please.It is real easy to get to where we are moving in Sebring.We are one block off of Route 27 in Sebring.Just keep getting better and we will keep you in our prayers.
Sam & Anna White