Who was the steeler on Tru Country last night?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

The steeler was playing a Rains guitar. Haven't seen him in a long time, but thought it might have been Junior Knight. Anybody know who he was? Great player. I have never seen anybody hold the bar flat handed like he did and still have good control of the bar, but it works for him, so that is great and all that matters.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Looked like Junior. Great player.
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

Not sure what show but Ron Stafford was working with Mike Siler at Willies place. Ron was play a black Rains.
ShowPro SD10, Mullen RP, Bose S1 Pro, GK MB200, MB500, Bugera T50 Tube amp with SlidgeRig, TC HOF reverb effect.
Ron Deardorff

Post by Ron Deardorff »

All these "'special concert" shows that Trucountry have been running recently have been very cool... the same steel player, Ron Stafford, with his Rains (just like what I got). Man, I've been seriously digging watching (hearing) him go to town.
George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

Looks like the mystery is solved. Ron Stafford with the black Rains. The show was the one with Mickey Gilley and Charlie Pride. I have seen Ron on there before I have never met him and am not familar with him. Great player. Maybe someday I will get to meet him and hear him live.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Dallas boy, and a regular around the stockyards....fine player and a good guy all around..
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!