as promised, some nice Hawaiian uploads

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Ron Whitfield

Post by Ron Whitfield »

Baz mentioned he had a shot of Jules on stage at The TR with his Fender, and mentions brief audible proof off pedal changes in a song or two. So, it's certainly possible that he did play it in that venue, but obviously by far he used his Maggies.
Jerome Hawkes

Post by Jerome Hawkes »

Thanks all - I am hearing some wild stuff going on that i sure havent found on MY steel! I'm almost hearing some boo-wah pedal in places and some pretty advanced voicings, esp on the last part of part 2. I know this is probably a compilation of many shows over the years.
Regardless, this is great stuff - I mean everything, the singing, harmonies, swing, backup playing. This was classic radio when you didn't need a tv to transport you to paradise. You feel like you are sitting right there.
'65 Sho-Bud D-10 Permanent • '54 Fender Dual-8 • Clinesmith T-8 • '38 Ric Bakelite • '92 Emmons D-10 Legrande II
Mike Anderson

Post by Mike Anderson »

Sebastian Müller wrote:Hi Mike,

the links are still (or again ) not working.
Would be great to download the rest of these great shows since I only downloaded
three of them until now, great stuff, thanks a lot!
Hi Sebastian, I'm not sure exactly how much data Rapidshare permits to be downloaded from my free account each day, but they were working again yesterday. Either there are a lot of members getting the stuff each day, or the amount Rapidshare allows is pretty small. Quite a pain, especially considering there was no warning about maxing out data availability when I signed up.

If you still have problems after midnight CET tomorrow please let me know via PM or email, there are other ways to get the stuff to you and I have it all stored on my computer. :)
Mike Anderson

Post by Mike Anderson »

Hi all, links reactivated again. My Rapidshare file manager tells me there have been 534 downloads of these files, so if there's a cap you can see how it could easily have been reached several times in just one week. Please be patient if you see that red button and give it another day. Thanks and enjoy!
Michael Lee Allen

Post by Michael Lee Allen »

Jules Ah See with Fender 1000 PEDAL steel guitar above, and Magnatone console below...
Mike Anderson

Post by Mike Anderson »

Great to see those pics again Michael.

Good news all: I have bought a premium account with Mediafire and am migrating all the files there. Downloads will be up to 50GB a month which should solve any problems now and in future. Links will be posted in a new thread here as they are generated by Mediafire.

Aloha!
Ron Whitfield

Post by Ron Whitfield »

Good call on Mediafire, Mike, that's one of my faves for audio DLs. Does it do video as well? I've got some great 'unreleased' Byrd and Barney, etc. to add if it can handle.
Mike Anderson

Post by Mike Anderson »

You can upload any file format as far as I know Ron. Sounds good to me!
Ron Whitfield wrote:Good call on Mediafire, Mike, that's one of my faves for audio DLs. Does it do video as well? I've got some great 'unreleased' Byrd and Barney, etc. to add if it can handle.
Anthony Locke

Post by Anthony Locke »

Wow, thanks for making this available for everyone! Looking forward to listening to it.
Jean-Sebastien Gauthier

Post by Jean-Sebastien Gauthier »

Thanks a lot Mike, very appreciated!! Looking for the next batch!
Mike Anderson

Post by Mike Anderson »

You're very welcome Jean-Sebastien.

I just had a look at the Mediafire account, and interestingly the Barney Isaacs has the most downloads by far, at 52. I love that one myself, and am blown away by the very slow tempi on these numbers. So much so (and with Barney playing in the low register) that I had first thought the original recordings must have been slowed down. Then the vocals come in and you realize this is how it was really played.

So dreamy, those slow, slow songs...you've got to love it.
Rick Stratton

Post by Rick Stratton »

Hi Mike,
Did I miss the Media-Fire link?
Did you get the video Ron spoke of?
Regards,
Rick
Ron Whitfield

Post by Ron Whitfield »

I havn't even dug the video stuff out yet and will probably wait til after New Years, letting the mail calm down.
Mike Anderson

Post by Mike Anderson »

Rick Stratton wrote:Hi Mike,
Did I miss the Media-Fire link?
Did you get the video Ron spoke of?
Regards,
Rick
It's all the same stuff I posted on Rapidshare Rick, nothing new yet: http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=237096